This recipe was created by Food Sorcery chef and kitchen maverick Jan Cron. A tender, soft and delicious recipe as close to regular pancakes as it gets!
Ingredients – Serves 1
- 150g cooked brown quinoa (50g uncooked)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp of fat of your choice (I used coconut oil)
- Blend the quinoa, eggs, honey and cinnamon until it resembles smooth, slightly thicker, pancake batter.
- Fry in a non-stick pan for about a minute on each side.
- Serve straight away with any topping of your choice.
Food Sorcery Tips
– To save time cook the quinoa the night before.
– By skipping the honey and vanilla, you have a great savoury replacement to naan bread or even wraps, if cooked thinly enough
– Me and my family love them with Greek yoghurt, almond butter and blueberries.
Jan Cron – Kitchen Maverick
Has spent a lifetime learning the best cooking techniques and perfecting flavours, if 70% of being healthy is what you eat and 30% exercise then we need to concentrate on getting the best balance of tasty food into our bodies. He’s gone back to school to learn about nutrition, to research relevant, irrelevant and utterly absurd diets, so you don’t have to.