- 2 limes
- 2 red chillis
- 2 red peppers
- 2 tbsp good oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 spring onions
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp sunflower seeds
- 4 x 170g free-range chicken breast or salmon
- 4 courgettes
- handful of fresh coriander
- Remove the ends of the courgette but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti noodles using a peeler and slice the courgette into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
- Thinly slice the red peppers, chillies (remove the seeds for less heat) and finely slice the spring onions.
- Into a cup or bowl, crack open the eggs, beat using a whisk or fork and set aside.
- To make the sauce; mix the honey, fish sauce and juice from the lime together in a bowl.
- Roughly chop the coriander leaves.
- Thinly slice the chicken breasts into strips.
- Heat a frying pan or wok with 2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add the chilli and half of the spring onion, cook for 2 mins.
- Then add the chicken and half of the sauce to the pan and cook for 10 mins or until lightly golden and cooked through and nicely caramelised from the agave syrup.
- Incorporate the beaten egg into the pan stirring quickly until it starts to scramble at which point add the red pepper and courgetti along with the rest of the sauce.
- Correct the seasoning with some extra soy sauce and lime juice if necessary.
- Toss until the noodles are heated through. Be fast-don’t overcook the courgetti.
- To serve, place the Pad Thai into warm bowls and scatter with the sunflower seeds, coriander and remaining spring onion.
Food Sorcery Tips
– As an alternative to chicken, replace with turkey or any white fish or salmon
– Try thinly sliced aubergine instead of courgette for the noodles or Broccoli rice – click here for the recipe
– A sprinkle of bean sprouts adds a refreshing vegetable to the dish
Jan Cron – Kitchen Maverick
Has spent a lifetime learning the best cooking techniques and perfecting flavours, if 70% of being healthy is what you eat and 30% exercise then we need to concentrate on getting the best balance of tasty food into our bodies. He’s gone back to school to learn about nutrition, to research relevant, irrelevant and utterly absurd diets, so you don’t have to.
Fit Food Classes – click here for details
We hope you enjoyed the class!
We really hope you enjoyed your cookery class at Food Sorcery. If you have any questions for chef please do ask and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
If you have the time it would be great if you could leave a review on Tripadvisor or google. If you have any feedback about the class please do let us know.