We made Condensed Milk buns at our Young Chef Cookery Camp which are very soft and sweet.
It was American Diner Day so the children aged 7-14 made Chicken Schnitzel, homemade Beef Burgers, Sweetcorn Fritters and Caramelised Onion to go inside – Delicious and something they can make again at home.
- 200ml Warm milk
- 50g Condensed milk
- 400g Bread flour
- 30g Butter
- ½ Egg
- 15g Yeast
- 35g Sugar
- ½ an egg for brushing tops
- Add the flour, butter and salt in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add sugar and yeast to the warm milk and leave to activate.
- Add egg and condensed milk and mix that with the flour.
- Add yeast little by little while kneading and mix well.
- Knead for about 15 mins.
- Put that into a greased bowl and leave it in a warm place to prove.
- When risen, cut the dough to equal size portions.
- Then make balls (watch video) and leave to prove again
- After, brush the tops with the remaining eggs and bake at 180C for about 20-30mins.
We run Young Chef Holiday Clubs every school holidays, for more details see holiday club page