We have created a three day beginners cookery course aimed at getting people cooking more at home, for those with little confidence and want to learn core skills this
We have created a three day beginners cookery course aimed at getting people cooking more at home, for those with little confidence and want to learn core skills this is the course for you.
You will learn a broad range of skills taking you through from being competent in the kitchen by grasping basic skills to slightly more complex dishes.
There will be a maximum of 8 like minded people on the course each day.
Who is the course aimed at:
- Adults with little experience or low confidence in the kitchen.
- Home cooks that want to improve their range of recipes and skills.
- Gap year students or those off to university that need survival skills.
- Young adults wanting to master the core life skills of cookery.
Led by one of expert chefs, who has a background in inspiring and teaching chefs, this will be a fun filled day covering different skills which will give every student the knowledge and confidence to cater for friends and family.
Dishes on the day will cover easy, nutritious mid-week meals; dishes from different cuisines; batch cooking; with vegetarian / meat / fish alternatives.
Examples of what you’ll learn
- Knife skills
- Kitchen Hygiene & Food Safety
- Making a Roux and uses of this technique
- Making a ragu and the flexibility of this dish (meat or veggie)
- Potato Skins
- Mac n Cheese
- Alternatives to takeaways
In addition to the cooking, we’ll cover how to use leftovers to create tasty lunches, how to freeze things and safely defrost and reheat them, alongside how to shop efficiently and reduce food waste to zero.
George PhelanClassically trained chef of 35 years experience across Europe. From fine dining in Castles & award winning restaurants to cakes & casual dining, George loves seafood, honed from time in Ireland and Malta and is central to his cooking. Mediterranean and healthy eating with a focus on vegan & vegetarian dishes is also a passion. Most of all George loves to pass on his knowledge and lifetime of collected recipes.