Sourdough bread has been around for hundreds of years. Widely favoured amongst many due to its ability to digest easier within the body and for its tangy flavour and wholesome
Sourdough bread has been around for hundreds of years. Widely favoured amongst many due to its ability to digest easier within the body and for its tangy flavour and wholesome appearance.
Whilst the supermarkets have brought sourdough to our shelves, the amount of care and attention needed is sometimes lost in the mass production of sourdough which takes great care and most of all time.
In this easy class for sourdough beginners, we show you:
- How to make a starter from the beginning, how to take care of it and feed and nurture it using a variety of readily available ingredients.
- You will also be shown how to shape the dough to achieve the best looking loaves and simple cutting effects to make those enviable patterns so that your bread has that professional appearance.
- We will also be discussing and using many different types of grain and show you how easy it is to make a super fast version of sourdough for an every day supply of better bread.
- No bread is complete without the best butter to go with it and we will show you how to make this creamy best friend in minutes using the simplest of techniques and ingredients.
- You will take home a starter which has already been alive for a number of years to get you going as soon as you get home, as well as the beginnings to make your own to nurture and share amongst friends, along with a loaf made by our chef and one of your own creations and some dough to get you started straight away.
Lunch will be provided in the way of home made soup and a selection of sourdough breads of course, along with meats and cheeses and glass of fizz or beer on arrival.
You’ll take home a starter, some dough as well as a sourdough loaf made by chef as well as your own.
Skill Level: All Abilities
How to make sourdough
Matt Townley - One mile bakery HaleHi, my name is Matt Townley. Put simply, I love baking, I love good food and I love to cook. This is what a customer said about my classes. "I have been to a fair few cookery classes in my time but this one was, by far, the best. The tips I have picked up on, the newfound confidence, the way it has made me appreciate homemade baking so much more. I don’t want to buy or eat a mass-produced loaf of sliced bread ever again!"