Ingredients – Serves 6
- ½ cup almond flour or coconut flour
- ½ cup of tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- 1 cup coconut milk, canned and full fat
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Pomace oil to fry
- 1. Pre–heat a 9.5 inch (or larger) nonstick pan over medium heat.
- 2. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and pour ¼ cup of batter onto the pan. Spread the batter out with a spoon.
- 3. After 2–3 minutes, or once the batter fluffs up and looks firm/mostly cooked, flip it over to cook the other side (be patient, this takes time. If you are worried about the outside burning, just lower the heat).
- 4. Serve immediately or cool the bread on a wire rack to maintain crispiness.
Jan Cron – Kitchen Maverick
Has spent a lifetime learning the best cooking techniques and perfecting flavours, if 70% of being healthy is what you eat and 30% exercise then we need to concentrate on getting the best balance of tasty food into our bodies. He’s gone back to school to learn about nutrition, to research relevant, irrelevant and utterly absurd diets, so you don’t have to.