Ingredients – Serves 4
Cashew Bechamel Sauce
- 1 cup of cashew nuts
- ½ cup of unsweetened cashew milk
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50g of parmesan
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 cups of our marinara sauce
- 4 courgettes, thinly sliced
- 2 aubergines, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 400g minced beef
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp of thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- To make our healthier version of béchamel sauce, place all the ingredients into a blender and whizz until silky smooth.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a frying pan, add shallot and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the minced beef and cook on higher heat until cooked through and brown. Don’t forget to season it well.
- In a bowl, mix your marinara sauce and cooked beef.
- Use the same frying pan as for beef, throw in the last bit of coconut oil and fry all the sliced aubergines and courgettes until coloured and cooked through.
- Now, in a deeper baking tray we assemble our lasagne. We can go sauce, veg, béchamel. Make sure you leave enough cashew sauce to cover the top of the dish.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 30 minutes or until warm through and top is crusty and golden brown.
Jan Cron – Kitchen Maverick
Has spent a lifetime learning the best cooking techniques and perfecting flavours, if 70% of being healthy is what you eat and 30% exercise then we need to concentrate on getting the best balance of tasty food into our bodies. He’s gone back to school to learn about nutrition, to research relevant, irrelevant and utterly absurd diets, so you don’t have to.