- These are great as a snack or as a base for healthier canape. We all crave a bit of crunch sometimes!
Ingredients – Makes 10 Crackers
- 150g Almond Flour
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Chopped Basil
- ½ tbsp Onion Powder
- ½ tbs Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Toasted Sunflower Seeds
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 177°C.
- Mix all the ingredients well to form a dough.
- Shape dough into a long rectangular log (use some foil or cling film to pack the dough tight)
- Then cut into thin slices (approximately 0.2 inches (0.5 cm thick) and sprinkle with seeds.
- Gently place each slice onto a parchment paper lined baking tray. It makes approx. 10-15 crackers, depending on size.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Jan Cron – Kitchen Maverick
Has spent a lifetime learning the best cooking techniques and perfecting flavours, if 70% of being healthy is what you eat and 30% exercise then we need to concentrate on getting the best balance of tasty food into our bodies. He’s gone back to school to learn about nutrition, to research relevant, irrelevant and utterly absurd diets, so you don’t have to.