Avocado stuffed chicken breast wrapped in streaky bacon
- 1 medium chicken breast
- 3 strips of streaky bacon
For the guacamole
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
In a medium bowl, mash the avocado. Add the tomato, jalapeno,coriander, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Stir until fully combined. Set aside
Lightly season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cut each chicken breast horizontally about 1 inch, do not go all the way through to the other side; just enough to make a small pouch in the chicken.
Stuff the guacamole mixture into the chicken breast. Wrap breast tightly with 3 bacon strips. Heat a large heavy-duty pan on medium/high heat. Place bacon on the pan and sear 2 minutes per side. Place in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove chicken from oven after 12 minutes to ‘rest’ set aside for 2 minutes – this will tenderise the meat – return to the over for the final 3 minutes and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting.
Tips & Tricks – Cooking Chicken Breast
– Use a very hot pan and add oil just before you start searing your chicken
– Always sear your chicken in a frying pan so it stays juicy
– Buy skin-on supreme chicken with bone-in, the flavour is much better and is less likely to dry out
– Preserve left over pealed avocados with acidic agents : lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, tomatoes, onions