Prawn, Chilli and Lemon Arancini – By Chef Jan Cron
This is the perfect way to use up any leftover risotto. You will find a recipe for risotto on our website, so you could enjoy that on the first day, and then enjoy arancini the next day.
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes approx.
Feeds – 4 depending on how hungry you are!
- 300g chilled Risotto
- 150g cooked prawns chopped
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 2 chillies chopped
- 2 Chives chopped
- Handful of grated Parmesan
- Mix all the above ingredients, season well and form balls.
For the Pane Mix:
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 100g of Flour
- 300g of Breadcrumbs
- Coat risotto balls in flour, egg and breadcrumbs in that order. Set the fryer on 200C. If you don’t have a fryer, then put oil in a pan to a depth of about 5cm / 2in and lightly fry, turning the arancini fairly frequently.
- Deep-fry until golden – approx. 15 to 20 minutes
- Serve with lemon and garlic mayo.