Garlic Chicken Pinchos – Jason Palin
Delicious hot, but also great the next day for lunch if you keep them wrapped up in the fridge overnight.
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Cooking time – 60 minutes approx.
Feeds – 4 depending on how hungry you are!
- 500g boneless chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- 8 wooden skewers soaked in water for around 30 minutes before cooking.
- Place the chicken in a bowl.
- Add garlic, paprika, thyme, lemon juice, oil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper and mix well to coat the meat.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat a cast iron griddle pan or frying pan on a medium heat.
- Thread the pieces of chicken onto the skewers.
- Cook the pinchos in the pan, turning and basting with the remaining marinade for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately with your favourite dip. Sweet chilli sauce is amazing with this!