Food Sorcery Chocolate Fondant
Who can resist the scrumptious taste of chocolate, chef showed us how to make the perfect melt in the middle pudding.
Ingredients – makes 6
- 150g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 150g dark chocolate (60-70% cocoa solids), roughly chopped or broken into small chunks
- 90g plain flour (25g for moulds, 75g for cake mix)
- 25g cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 200g caster sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, crème fraiche, mint & berries
- 1. Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/Gas 5
- 2. Grease 6 ramekins with butter.
- 3. Mix together the cocoa powder and 25g of plain flour and dust the inside of the moulds, place them on a baking sheet and set aside.
- 4. Put the butter and chocolate into a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water (don’t let the bottom of the bowl touch the water underneath) and leave until melted, stirring occasionally
- 5. Remove from the heat, sift over the flour and then whisk it in
- 6. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks and sugar until combined, then whisk this into the chocolate mixture, until smooth and well combined
- 7. Pour the chocolate mixture into the ramekins.
- 8. Bake for 9 minutes – the fondants are ready when you shake each one gently and only the middle moves a little
- 9. Remove from the oven, and gently loosen the edge.
- Carefully invert each fondant onto aplate. Serve with crème fraiche or vanilla ice cream, mint and berries.
Take a look at our classes online, booking is easy and you’ll be sent a confirmation email. Cookery gift vouchers are available and never expire.