A quick and simple sauce recipe which is full of flavour. What’s not to like and tastes so much better than store bought versions.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tin of plum tomatoes
- 1 sprig of basil, whole
- 1 tbsp of parsley, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add onion and garlic, sauté for a couple of minutes until translucent.
- Add tomatoes, balsamic and sprig of basil and simmer for 15-20 mins.
- Season well and add the lemon zest and parsley at the end.
- Blitz with a handheld blender or mix until it’s a smooth sauce.