A quick and simple sauce recipe which is full of flavour. What’s not to like and tastes so much better than store bought versions.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tin of plum tomatoes
- 1 sprig of basil, whole
- 1 tbsp of parsley, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the oil in a small sauce pan and add onion and garlic, sauté for a couple of minutes until translucent.
- Add tomatoes, balsamic and sprig of basil and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Season well and add the lemon zest and parsley at the end.
- Blitz with a hand hald bender or mixer until it’s a smooth sauce.
Jan Cron – Kitchen Maverick
Has spent a lifetime learning the best cooking techniques and perfecting flavours, if 70% of being healthy is what you eat and 30% exercise then we need to concentrate on getting the best balance of tasty food into our bodies. He’s gone back to school to learn about nutrition, to research relevant, irrelevant and utterly absurd diets, so you don’t have to.