Food Sorcery Chocolate Fondant
Who can resist the scrumptious taste of chocolate, chef showed us how to make the perfect melt in the middle pudding.
Ingredients – makes 4
- 100g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 100g dark chocolate (60-70% cocoa solids), roughly chopped or broken into small chunks
- 100g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 25g cocoa powder
- 25g melted butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 medium egg yolks
- Vanilla ice cream, crème fraiche, mint & berries
- 1. Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/Gas 5
- 2. Grease 4 ramekins with butter.
- 3. Dust inside of ramekins with cocoa powder
- 4. Put the butter and chocolate into a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water (don’t let the bottom of the bowl touch the water underneath) and leave until melted, stirring occasionally
- 5. Remove from the heat, sift over the flour and then whisk it in
- 6. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks and sugar until combined, then whisk this into the chocolate mixture, until smooth and well combined
- 7. Pour the chocolate mixture into the ramekins.
- 8. Leave to set in fridge for minimum 20minutes but can be overnight
- 8. Bake for 12 minutes – the fondants are ready when you shake each one gently and only the middle moves a little
- 9. Remove from the oven, and gently loosen the edge.
- 10. Carefully invert each fondant onto a plate. Serve with crème fraiche or vanilla ice cream, mint and berries.
Take a look at our classes online, booking is easy and you’ll be sent a confirmation email. Cookery gift vouchers are available and never expire.