This recipe was created by Food Sorcery chef and kitchen maverick Jan Cron. A great recipie for when you have friends or family round, especially for a BBQ!
Ingredients – For the Chicken
- 10 Organic Chicken Wings
- 2 tbsp of Avocado Oil
- 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder
- ½ cup Homemade Buffalo Sauce
Ingredients – For the Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- 1 Cup of Chopped Tomatoes
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Pinch of Paprika
- 2 tbs of Crème Fraiche to finish
Ingredients – For the Blue Cheese Sauce
- ½ Cup of Greek Yoghurt
- 100g of Blue Cheese
- 1 Lemon-Zest and Juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees, line your tray with baking paper.
- Place the wings in a large bowl and dry with a paper towel.
- Add the oil, seasoning and garlic powder.
- Place the wings on a tray, skin side up and bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on a size (until nicely coloured).
- Toss the homemade buffalo sauce over them and bake for 5 minutes longer to caramelise.
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Place all the ingredients apart from crème fraiche in a small pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes, add crème fraiche and blend.
Blue Cheese Dressing
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth, add splash of water if too thick.
Food Sorcery Tips
– By baking these delicious wings they are healthier, and less messy to make.
– Serve with a side of homemade coleslaw or salad
– For an extra kick why not garnish with sliced chillis
Jan Cron – Kitchen Maverick
Has spent a lifetime learning the best cooking techniques and perfecting flavours, if 70% of being healthy is what you eat and 30% exercise then we need to concentrate on getting the best balance of tasty food into our bodies. He’s gone back to school to learn about nutrition, to research relevant, irrelevant and utterly absurd diets, so you don’t have to.