This recipe was created by Food Sorcery chef and kitchen maverick Jan Cron. Fantastic for either for a posh breakfast or as delicious canapés.
Ingredients – 15 blinis
- 60g almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 50ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1tbsn melted butter
- 1tbsp of ghee
- 160g smoked salmon
- Cream cheese, Capers, dill or choose your own garnish.
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks. Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until fluffy.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the egg yolks, melted butter and almond milk and combine.
- Fold in the almond flour and baking powder. Slowly fold the whipped egg whites into the batter.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick frying pan and fry a teaspoon of batter per blini for one minute on each side or until golden.
- Serve with cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers and dill.
Food Sorcery Tips
– Serve with cream cheese and smoked salmon for a scrumptious snack
– garnish with herbs such as chives or dill
– as an alternative to salmon and cream cheese, serve with horseradish cream and roasted peppers
Jan Cron – Kitchen Maverick
Has spent a lifetime learning the best cooking techniques and perfecting flavours, if 70% of being healthy is what you eat and 30% exercise then we need to concentrate on getting the best balance of tasty food into our bodies. He’s gone back to school to learn about nutrition, to research relevant, irrelevant and utterly absurd diets, so you don’t have to.