Healthy, full of protein and flavour, affordable and easy to make. What’s not to like?
Ingredients – Makes 6
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 2 cups Cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Shredded parmesan
- 1 cup Flavored breadcrumbs OR ground almonds
- 1 cup chopped wild mushrooms
- 1 white onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1 bulb of buffalo mozzarella
- Saute diced onions for two minutes in a frying pan, then add garlic and the mushrooms.
- Season well and cook for another five minutes, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the quinoa with the spices, olive oil and Parmesan and cooked mushrooms.
- With wet hands form a small ball, about 2 inches diameter and insert inside a small piece of mozzarella.
- Cover up the hole to completely close the arancini. Coat it in the eggs then in the breadcrumbs or ground almonds instead.
- Heat up the oven to 200 and bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot
Jan Cron – Kitchen Maverick
Has spent a lifetime learning the best cooking techniques and perfecting flavours, if 70% of being healthy is what you eat and 30% exercise then we need to concentrate on getting the best balance of tasty food into our bodies. He’s gone back to school to learn about nutrition, to research relevant, irrelevant and utterly absurd diets, so you don’t have to.