- Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- ½ nutmeg, freshly grated
- 400 g fresh spinach, washed thoroughly and finely sliced
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 120 ml double cream
- 150 g Ricotta cheese
- 2 handfuls Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the pasta, and cook according to instructions. Meanwhile get a frying pan or wok warm, add a drizzle of olive oil, the butter, garlic and nutmeg. When the butter melts, add the spinach. After 5 minutes it will have wilted down and will be nice and dark. A lot of the liquid will have cooked away and you’ll have wonderful intensely flavoured spinach. At this point season with salt and pepper until it tastes good, then add the cream, riccotta and a little ladle of cooking water from the pasta. Let this come to a simmer and then season again.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking water, then stir it into the spinach sauce. Add the Parmesan and toss everything together. Loosen to a nice silky consistency with some of the reserved cooking water, so it doesn’t become too claggy. Check once more for seasoning and serve straight away.
Our pasta making classes at www.foodsocery.co.uk are very popular and enjoyable to book Click Here
To find out more about about Food Sorcery visit www.foodsorcery.co.uk
For our wonderful beetroot pasta recipe please follow the link below