- Our coconut Thai soup recipe was created for the muscle building cookery class and it is paleo and keto friendly. I love using minced meat as you could mix so much other goodness through it for amazing flavours and extra health benefits!
Ingredients – Serves 4
4 spring onions
1 shallot diced
Handful of coriander
2cm of ginger
2 cloves of garlic
1 lime zest and juice
1 green chilli
Handful of Thai basil to serve
1 carrot ribbons
1 courgette diced
100g of turkey mince
500ml of chicken stock
500ml of coconut milk
Teaspoon of olive oil
Tbsp of soy sauce
First thing we make is the Thai green curry paste which will be used for both broth and meatballs.
- Place spring onions, ginger, coriander, soy sauce, garlic, lime zest and juice and chilli into a blender and whizz until smooth paste.
- Mix half of the green paste through our mince and roll into meatballs.
- Heat a sauce pan with oil and add diced shallot. Cook until translucent then throw in the rest of the green curry paste.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and coconut milk and cook until reduced by half. Add meatballs to the broth and cook for about 10 minutes depending on the size.
- Finish the soup with courgette and carrot, add it and cook for additional 3 minutes.
- Correct the seasoning, garnish with chopped basil and serve.
Jan Cron – Kitchen Maverick
Has spent a lifetime learning the best cooking techniques and perfecting flavours, if 70% of being healthy is what you eat and 30% exercise then we need to concentrate on getting the best balance of tasty food into our bodies. He’s gone back to school to learn about nutrition, to research relevant, irrelevant and utterly absurd diets, so you don’t have to.