This quick and simple salsa is perfect as a side dish. What’s not to like?
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 500g ripen tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- Place oil, garlic and vinegar in a bowl.
- Add tomatoes, onion and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Stand for at least 10 minutes.
Jan Cron – Kitchen Maverick
Has spent a lifetime learning the best cooking techniques and perfecting flavours, if 70% of being healthy is what you eat and 30% exercise then we need to concentrate on getting the best balance of tasty food into our bodies. He’s gone back to school to learn about nutrition, to research relevant, irrelevant and utterly absurd diets, so you don’t have to.