This workshop is a food photographers dream! Jane Burkinshaw, professional food photographer, will teach you how to take mouth-watering food shots with your phone or camera. The workshop runs before
This workshop is a food photographers dream! Jane Burkinshaw, professional food photographer, will teach you how to take mouth-watering food shots with your phone or camera. The workshop runs before and after lunch.
By the end of the workshop you will know how to set up and style simple but stunning food shots, using a range of different backgrounds and props. You‘ll know which phone or camera settings to use and you will see a dramatic improvement in your photography and your confidence.
To book this workshop please follow this link
Here’s an idea of what you will learn:
- The best kit for photographing food (without spending a fortune).
- How to set up your shooting area.
- How to adapt the natural daylight to create light and bright or dark and moody shots.
- How to style the food and props.
- Simple composition techniques and getting creative with colour, texture and patterns.
- How to do simple edits, such as cropping, straightening, adding text and more, using freely available software.
Who the workshop is suitable for:
- Anyone starting out in food photography.
- Food bloggers.
- Food Instagrammers
- Restaurant, pub and cafe owners.
- Artisan bakers, cake makers and chefs.
- People who love cooking as a hobby and want to photograph and show off their masterpieces.
How the day will run
Coffee on arrival, introductions and some photography theory followed by lots of hands-on practise styling and taking your own shots.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a camera, a smart phone will be fine – we will have spare cameras to use if you want to compare before you buy one.
Refreshments and a light lunch.
Skill Level: All Abilities
The Workshop - Food Sorcery, Didsbury
I’m Jane Burkinshaw, a professional photographer with a business called Jane Burkinshaw Natural Light Photography, specialising in working with businesses in the food and drinks industry to tell their unique story in pictures.
I am also really passionate about helping people to improve their photography and confidence in using their cameras.