Ingredients – Serves 4
- 4 spring onions shredded
- 2 red chillies, seeds removed
- 2 limes: juice and zest
- Small head of napa cabbage (or regular white cabbage), shredded
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp of honey (optional)
- 1 tsp tahini (optional)
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Place shredded cabbage, grated carrots and chopped chillies in a bowl and sprinkle with salt.
- Leave on a side for 10 minutes then squash it with your hands, you can be quite vigorous. Stop when cabbage is slightly softer and resembles cooked cabbage rather than raw.
- Add the other ingredients, mix well and chill for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Jan Cron – Kitchen Maverick
Has spent a lifetime learning the best cooking techniques and perfecting flavours, if 70% of being healthy is what you eat and 30% exercise then we need to concentrate on getting the best balance of tasty food into our bodies. He’s gone back to school to learn about nutrition, to research relevant, irrelevant and utterly absurd diets, so you don’t have to.