Food Sorcery Almond Biscuits
Ingredients – Makes 15
- 280g ground almonds 3 egg whites
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 15 whole almonds to garnish Icing sugar for rolling
- Hand held beaters
- Baking trays Baking parchment
Preheat the oven to 160°C fan.
- Whisk the egg whites to a stiff peak.
- Mix the ground almonds, orange zest and sugar into the egg white and stir well to combine.
- Divide the mix into 15 equal sized balls. Roll the dough in icing sugar and arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place a whole almond in the centre of each biscuit.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and the tops have cracked.