We really enjoyed having you on our Thai cook together. Here are the recipes that we cooked, we really hope that you can enjoy them again in your own homes. Chorchaba creates them so they should be simple but authentic.
Starter: Galangal Soup
Main: Thai Green Curry
Desert: Chocolate Brownie
Chorchaba’s tip here is to buy the galangal, lemon grass and lime leaves, chop and freeze them. This means that this becomes a really quick and simple soup. Also feel free to add cooked rice or noodles to make this more substantial.
Ingredients – Serves 2
- . 1 Cup stock (chicken or veg)
- . 5 thin slices galangal
- . 5 slices lemon Grass
- . 5 Kaffir lime leaves
- . 1 tspn soya sauce
- . Fresh Coriander
- . 1 cup coconut milk
- . 50 grams mushrooms/courgettes
- . 1 chicken breast thinly sliced. (fish could also be substituted here)
- . ¼ cup lime juice
- . Chilli (birds eye to taste)
- 1. Bring the stock to a simmer and add galangal, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves.
- 2. Add the soya sauce and simmer for a few seconds, add the chicken pieces.
- 3. Add the vegetables and coconut milk,
- 4. Continue cooking until the ingredients are all cooked
- 5. Taste carefully and season with lime juice and fresh chilli and sprinkling of fresh Coriander.
Thai Green Curry Paste
This makes about 120g of paste. This is certainly enough to make two curries. Chorchabas tip is to cook it off in a little vegetable oil, put it in a sterile jar and it will keep for 3 months.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- . 20 green chilli
- . 1 tsp lemon grass
- . 1 tsp coriander root
- . 1 tsp galangal
- . 1 tablespoon shallot
- . 8 garlic cloves
- . 1 tsp coriander powder
- . ½ tsp kaffir lime leaves
- . 1 tsp cumin powder
- . ½ tsp coriander root
- . 1 tsp salt
- . 1 tsp shrimp paste (if making vegetarian or vegan – omit this)
- 1. Add the chilli, lemon grass, coriander root and galangal to the food mixer or nutribullet.
- 2. Then add garlic and shallots. Blend until very smooth
- 3. Add coriander powder cumin powder shrimp past and salt. Blend for the third time until all mixed to a very smooth paste.
TIP: You can actually add the stage 3 ingredients to the mortar and pestle and blend manually rather than returning to the blender which will save a bit of mess.
Thai Green Chicken Curry
Feel free to add a different meat or indeed Tofu.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- . 300g chicken fillet,
- . 25g Green Curry Paste.
- . 1 tin 400ml coconut Milk,
- . . 100g fresh vegetables. You can use any, we like green beans, courgette, aubergine
- . 2-3 kaffir lime leaf torn
- . Small bunch sweet basil.
- . Red green chilli cut diagonal
- . 1 Tablespoon fish sauce. (omit this if vegetarian or vegan and use Soy Sauce)
- . Optional 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Heat ½ coconut milk in a pan and cook for 1 minute on low heat
- 2. Add the curry paste and cook until you can see the oil forming on the surface of the paste, stirring all the time.
- 3. Add the meat and seal it.
- 4. Add the remaining coconut milk and vegetables, cook for a few minutes seasoning with fish sauce and optional sugar.
- 5. When cooked add the chilli and sweet basil leaf as a garnish and serve.
Food Sorcery Chocolate Brownies
Ingredients – Makes: 24 brownies
- . ¾ cup (180g) unsalted butter
- . 8oz (250g) dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- . 4 large eggs
- . 1 ¼ cups (250g) granulated sugar
- . ½ cup (100g) light brown sugar
- . ¼ tsp salt
- . 1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
- . 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- . 8 oz (250g) milk chocolate, coarsely chopped.
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C gas 4 )
- 2. Butter and flour a 9x 13 inch (33 x 22 cm) baking pan.
- 3. Line with foil leaving pieces to foil overhanging the sides.
- 4. Place the butter and dark chocolate in a double boiler and stir over barely simmering water until melted, remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- 5. Beat the eggs and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy, then with the mixer on low speed, beat in the salt and chocolate mixture, followed by the vanilla.
- 6. Gradually beat in the flour, stir in the milk chocolate and then spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- 7. Bake until the brownies are set in the middle, 25-30 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the centre will come out slightly gooey.
- 8. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Then use the overhanging foil to lift the brownies out of the pan.
- 9. Remove the foil and place on a cutting board. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 mins before cutting.
We hope you enjoyed the class!
We really hope you enjoyed your class at Food Sorcery. If you have any questions for chef please do ask and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
If you have the time it would be great if you could leave a review on Tripadvisor or google. If you have any feedback about the class please do let us know.