Our cooking together cookery classes are as much about learning to cook as they are a sociable experience. We hope you enjoyed your class and are ready to recreate the meals at home. The recipes work really well as delicious dinners and make a great combination for dinner party ideas.
Starter: Grilled Beef Salad;
Main: Chicken Chilli Basil and Vegetable;
Dessert: Lemon Posset;
Grilled Beef Salad
Ingredients – Serves 4:
- – 200g beef, top side or similar
- – 1 medium onion or 4 salad onions
- – 2 lettuce leaves
- – 2 tomatoes, sliced
- – 1/2 cucumber
- – 5 small garlic
- – 5 birds eye chillies
- – 3 tablespoon fish sauce.
- – 3 tablespoons of fresh limejuice.
- – 1 tablespoon sugar
- – 5 sprigs of coriander
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Cut the cucumber in half along its length, and then into half moon slices.
- Wash the lettuce and use about four lettuce leaves for the decoration and take the coriander leaves from the stalks to garnish the finished salad.
- Grill the beef until medium cooked.
- Slice the beef into mouth sized pieces. Mix with the sauce, cucumber and tomatoes; arrange the lettuce leaves on a plate and place salad on top.
- Garnish with a few mint and coriander leaves if required.
- Blend all ingredients together.
Chilli Chicken Basil
- – 150g Chicken Thighs (skinless)
- – 25g Chopped Garlic
- – 7 – 10 Birdseye Chili (or less depending on your spice tolerance)
- – 4- 5 Basil Leaves
- – 1 tablespoon Soya Sauce
- – 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- – 3 – 4 drops Dark Soy Sauce
- – 2 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- – 2 tablespoon Water or Stock
- – Pinch of Sugar (optional)
- Cut chicken into small piece.
- Chopped chilli and garlic roughly.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Add chili and garlic to the hot oil and fry until aromatic.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir fry until no longer pink and cooked through for around 3 minutes.
- Season with sauces and add a pinch of sugar if desired. If it looks too dry, then add your water or stock.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the basil leaves and serve with rice.
- – Mushroom
- – Carrot
- – Chinese leaf
- – Mange Tout
- Toss all in a hot pan with a little oil for 3-4 mins.
Ingredients – Serves 3-4:
- – 300ml of double cream
- – 60g caster sugar
- – 1 juicy lemon
- Squeeze the lemon.
- Bring the cream and sugar to the boil (careful it should just boil but not boil over). Once you see it boil – stay there and boil for exactly 3 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and whisk in the lemon juice.
- Strain this into a jug and leave to cool for 20minutes.
- If you wish to put a crumbled biscuit in the bottom of the receptacle – this is the time to do it. If not gently pour the cream into the glasses.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours minimum.
- Serve with fruit and edible flowers