We really enjoyed having you on our Thai cook together. Here are the recipes that we cooked, we really hope that you can enjoy them again in your own homes. Chorchaba creates them so they should be simple but authentic.
Starter: Galangal Soup
Main: Chicken Chilli Basil
Desert: Chocolate Brownie
Chorchaba’s tip here is to buy the galangal, lemon grass and lime leaves, chop and freeze them. This means that this becomes a really quick and simple soup. Also feel free to add cooked rice or noodles to make this more substantial.
Ingredients – Serves 2
- . 1 Cup stock (chicken or veg)
- . 5 thin slices galangal
- . 5 slices lemon Grass
- . 5 Kaffir lime leaves
- . 1 tspn soya sauce
- . Fresh Coriander
- . 1 cup coconut milk
- . 50 grams mushrooms/courgettes
- . 1 chicken breast thinly sliced. (fish could also be substituted here)
- . ¼ cup lime juice
- . Chilli (birds eye to taste)
- 1. Bring the stock to a simmer and add galangal, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves.
- 2. Add the soya sauce and simmer for a few seconds, add the chicken pieces.
- 3. Add the vegetables and coconut milk,
- 4. Continue cooking until the ingredients are all cooked
- 5. Taste carefully and season with lime juice and fresh chilli and sprinkling of fresh Coriander.
Chicken Chilli Basil
Ingredients -serves 2
- . 2 Chicken Thighs, diced
- . 25g Chopped Garlic
- . 1-2 Birdseye Chilli (traditionally this has a lot of chilli in!)
- . 4- 5 Basil Leaves
- . 1 tablespoon Soya Sauce
- . 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- . 3 – 4 drops Dark Soy Sauce
- . 2 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- . 2 tablespoon Water or Stock
- . Pinch of Sugar (optional)
- 1. Cut chicken into small piece
- 2. Chopped chilli and garlic roughly
- 3. Heat vegetable oil in a wok over medium heat
- 4. Add chili and garlic to the hot oil and fry until aromatic
- 5. Add the chicken pieces and stir fry until no longer pink and cooked through for around 3 minutes
- 6. Season with sauces and add a pinch of sugar if desired. If it looks too dry, then add your water or stock.
- 7. Turn off the heat, stir in the basil leaves and serve with rice.
Chicken Salad Served in Lettuce
Ingredients -serves 2
- . 100g minced chicken breast
- . 1 Tbsp water
- . 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- . 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- . 1 Tbsp lime juice
- . Chilli Flakes to taste – 1-2 teaspoons
- . 1 Tbsp toasted & crushed rice
- . Baby Gem lettuce to serve
- Herbs – mix and chop these together for best flavour
- . Handful fresh coriander leaves
- . 1 spring onion, chopped
- . Handful fresh mint leaves, roughly torn
- 1. In a wide pot or frying pan, add the water and chicken and bring to a simmer. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes breaking up any lumps – the chicken will turn white
Important – Turn off the heat
- 1. Add the fish sauce and lime juice, mix well
- 2. Add the toasted rice and the chilli flakes
- 3. Stir the herbs through
- 1. Use lettuce leaves like bowls and spoon the larb into the leaves
- 2. Serve immediately or allow to cool and serve at room temperature.
Food Sorcery Chocolate Brownies
Ingredients – Makes: 24 brownies
- . ¾ cup (180g) unsalted butter
- . 8oz (250g) dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- . 4 large eggs
- . 1 ¼ cups (250g) granulated sugar
- . ½ cup (100g) light brown sugar
- . ¼ tsp salt
- . 1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
- . 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- . 8 oz (250g) milk chocolate, coarsely chopped.
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C gas 4 )
- 2. Butter and flour a 9x 13 inch (33 x 22 cm) baking pan.
- 3. Line with foil leaving pieces to foil overhanging the sides.
- 4. Place the butter and dark chocolate in a double boiler and stir over barely simmering water until melted, remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- 5. Beat the eggs and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy, then with the mixer on low speed, beat in the salt and chocolate mixture, followed by the vanilla.
- 6. Gradually beat in the flour, stir in the milk chocolate and then spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- 7. Bake until the brownies are set in the middle, 25-30 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the centre will come out slightly gooey.
- 8. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Then use the overhanging foil to lift the brownies out of the pan.
- 9. Remove the foil and place on a cutting board. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 mins before cutting.
We hope you enjoyed the class!
We really hope you enjoyed your class at Food Sorcery. If you have any questions for chef please do ask and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
If you have the time it would be great if you could leave a review on Tripadvisor or google. If you have any feedback about the class please do let us know.