Vegetable spring roll
- 300 g spring roll sheets
- 25 grams glass noodles (soak in water and chop)
- 100g White cabbage sliced very finely
- 50 g bean spout
- 100 g leeks finely sliced
- 1 small carrot finely sliced
- 2 clove garlic crushed and chopped
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Vegetable oil to fry the spring rolls in.
- Heat cooking oil and cook garlic until it is aromatic, then add all the other ingredients
- Cook until dry and set aside to cool.
- Cut spring roll sheet to size
- Add a spoonful of vegetable mixture to the sheet so you can roll into shape tucking in the edges as you go. Seal with flour and water.
Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 900mls of white vinegar
900g caster sugar
4 tbsp salt
6 whole garlic cloves
- Put all the ingredients in a pan and simmer. It should become lovely and gloopy!
This will last in a clean bottle in the fridge for weeks!
- – 1 large red chilli sliced
- – 1 small shallot sliced
- – piece of cucumber de seeded and diced
- – white vinegar 1/3 cup
- – 1 teaspoon salt
- – 2 teaspoon sugar
- Dissolve the sugar and salt in the vinegar over low heat, cool and add all other ingredients in a suitable dish.
Chilli Chicken Basil
- – 150g Chicken Thighs (skinless)
- – 25g Chopped Garlic
- – 7 – 10 Birdseye Chili (or less depending on your spice tolerance)
- – 4- 5 Basil Leaves
- – 1 tablespoon Soya Sauce
- – 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- – 3 – 4 drops Dark Soy Sauce
- – 2 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- – 2 tablespoon Water or Stock
- – Pinch of Sugar (optional)
- Cut chicken into small piece.
- Chopped chilli and garlic roughly.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Add chili and garlic to the hot oil and fry until aromatic.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir fry until no longer pink and cooked through for around 3 minutes.
- Season with sauces and add a pinch of sugar if desired. If it looks too dry, then add your water or stock.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the basil leaves and serve with rice.
Vegetable stir fry
Mushroom, Carrot, Chineses leaf, Mange Tout – Toss all in a hot pan with a little oil for 3-4 mins
Lotus Root Chilli Basil
- – 4 slice lotus root
- – 50 grams baby young corn
- – 50 grams king oyster mushroom
- – 100 green bean
- – 1 small carrot sliced
- – 15 grams dried bean curd sticks pre-soaked in luke warm water
- – 3-5 birds eye chilli
- – 2 clove garlic
- – cooking oil for stir-fry
- – 2-3 tablespoon light soy sauce
- – 1 tablespoon mushroom sauce
- – 2 fresh sprigs of basil
- Heat the oil.
- Stir-fry the chopped chilli and garlic until aroma.
- Add the baby young corn, mushrooms, green beans, carrot and sliced lotus root.
- Fry for several more minutes then add soy sauce mushroom sauce and soaked dried bean curd basil quick stir-fry the remove from heat.
Ingredients – Serves 3-4:
- – 300ml of double cream
- – 60g caster sugar
- – 1 juicy lemon
- Squeeze the lemon.
- Bring the cream and sugar to the boil (careful it should just boil but not boil over). Once you see it boil – stay there and boil for exactly 3 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and whisk in the lemon juice.
- Strain this into a jug and leave to cool for 20minutes.
- If you wish to put a crumbled biscuit in the bottom of the receptacle – this is the time to do it. If not gently pour the cream into the glasses.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours minimum.
- Serve with fruit and edible flowers