Our cooking together cookery classes are as much about learning to cook as they are a sociable experience. We hope you enjoyed your evening and are ready to recreate the meals at home. The recipes work really well as delicious dinners and make a great combination for dinner party ideas.
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 150g fresh cooked prawns (shelled
- 250g fresh pomelo segments
- 2 tbsp toasted shredded coconut
- 30g crunchy cashew nuts
- 25g crispy shallots
- 3 fried chilli (whole)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 5 kaffir lime leaves finely shredded
- 1 fresh chili sliced
- 2 tablespoon Thai chilli oil
- 2 tspn fish sauce
- 2 tspn lime juice
- 1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the 3 whole chillies.
- 2. Combine the prawns, pomelo, shredded coconut, cashew nuts, shallots, and fried chilli in a bowl.
- 3. Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl to make the dressing
- 4. Pour dressing over the prawns and pomelo mixture
- 5. Serve with crisp green leaves such as iceberg lettuce
Panang Chicken Curry
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 300g chicken
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 3 sprig Thai Sweet Basil
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 75-100 grams curry paste
- 140g Jasmine rice
- x2 Pandan leaves knotted – buy in Chinese or specialist supermarkets
- 1. Slice the chicken into thin pieces and seal them in a dry pan.
- 2. Heat the oil and stir-fry the curry paste in a little coconut milk stirring constantly until aromatic.
- 3. Add more coconut milk a little at a time until all milk is used,
- 4. Add the chicken back to the pan simmer till chicken is tender
- 5. Season with fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar
- 6. Garnish with the basil leaf and serve
Note: This works well with beef instead of chicken. For a Vegan option use 150g bead curd and 150g mushrooms .
Method for Rice
- 1. Cook your rice as per instructions
- 2. During cooking place pandan leaves into the pan or rice cooker.
Ingredients – serves 6 Biscuit base
- 200g – Digestive biscuits
- 100g – Butter
Ingredients – Chocolate ganache filling
- 2 Eggs
- 130ml – Whole Milk
- 230 ml – Cream
- 330g – 70% Chocolate
- 1. Melt your butter in a pan.
- 2. Put the biscuits in a food processor
- 3. Add your melted butter to your biscuits until the mix is strong enough to form a base, if not add more butter.
- 4. Push the mixture into a flan case, ideally it should have a loose bottom and pop into the fridge to chill.
- 1. Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie.
- 2. Boil together your milk and cream.
- 3. Whisk your eggs in a separate bowl.
- 4. When your milk and cream has boiled, slowly add to your eggs and whisk together.
- 5. When your chocolate has melted, slowly add your liquid mixture to your chocolate and mix together.
- 6. Pour over the base and leave it to chill in the fridge.
Serve with raspberries, passion fruit and cream!
We hope you enjoyed the class!
We really hope you enjoyed your class at Food Sorcery. If you have any questions for chef please do ask and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
If you have the time it would be great if you could leave a review on Tripadvisor or google. If you have any feedback about the class please do let us know.