Desserts and Puddings Recipes
Our cookery classes are as much about learning to cook as they are a sociable experience. We hope you enjoyed your day and are ready to recreate the bakes at home.
- San Sebastian Cheesecake
- Chocolate Layered Mousse
- Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Brandy Snaps
San Sebastian Cheesecake
- 500g cream cheese
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 25g plain flour
- 120g cream (whipping or double)
- Bake 200`c.
- Approx 15 mins – chill before slicing.
- Mix cream cheese, caster sugar and flour together.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add cream and mix.
- Pour into a foil dish and bake until browned and blistered on top
- Serve cold.
- Shelf life approx. 5 days.
Chocolate Layered Mousse
- 150g dark chocolate
- 3 egg whites
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g whipping cream
- Melt chocolate.
- Whisk egg whites until half peak.
- Pour in half sugar, whisk.
- Pour in other half of sugar and whisk until full peak.
- Whisk cream until thickened but still soft.
- 1 large spoon of egg whites into the chocolate, mix well.
- Pour all of chocolate mix into egg whites and fold gently.
- Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
- Pipe into desired container or use with layers of sponge and biscuit and layer into jam jars, pipe whipped cream on top and serve a brandy snap or biscuit of choice. Store in fridge and eat with 48 hours.
Brand Snaps (Demo)
- 50g brown sugar
- 50g butter
- 50g syrup
- 50g flour
- 1tsp ginger
- Lemon zest (optional)
- Melt butter, sugar, syrup and ginger together in a pan (don’t boil)
- Sift in flour (add zest if required)
- Mix well.
- When mixture cools, take small piece the size of a ping pong ball.
- Flatten onto a greaseproof paper lined tray.
- Bake 180`c approx. 10 – 12mins.
- Mixture will spread, it should look brown and lacy.
- Cool for couple of minutes and then pick up (will be hot)
- Wrap around greased wooden spoon for a cigar shape.
- Rest over upturned cup for a basket shape – cool.
- Best eaten same day as will start to go soft, remaining mixture can be kept in the fridge or frozen, just bake when needed.
Sticky Toffee Pudding
- 200g caster sugar
- 75g butter
- 75g egg (approx 2 if small)
- 300g strong bread flour
- 10g baking powder
- 200g dried dates
- 15g bicarb of soda
- 375g boiling water
- Beat sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Sift in flour and baking powder.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour boiling water over dates and bicarb – mix.
- Pour date mixture into cake mixture – stir.
- Mixture should look quite runny (don’t worry)
- Check there are no clumps of flour (flatten with finger)
- Pour into loaf tins.
- Pour hot sticky toffee sauce over hot pudding, leave to cool.
- Bake 180`c for approx 30 mins.
- Shelf life 7 days.
Sticky Toffee Sauce
- 250g cream
- 175g brown sugar
- 100g butter
- Boil everything in a pan.
- Simmer for 8 mins until rich brown and slightly thickened.
- Pour over desired pudding.
- Keep some to serve as an extra.
- Shelf life approx 2 weeks.
- Can be frozen, served hot or cold.
Take a Look at our cookery classes. Gift vouchers are available and never expire.