Arroz con Tomate
Ingredients -serves 4
- . 200g basmati rice
- . ½ banana shallot diced
- . 1 fresh tomato – grated
- . 1 bay leaf – shredded by hand
- . Teaspoon paprika
- . ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- . ½ teaspoon dried parsley or oregano
- . 1 clove smashed garlic
- . Salt & Pepper
Place rice into salted water and add all the ingredients above, cook as per instruction on the rice packet on the hob – or in rice cooker. Fluff at the end. Serve with fresh parsley as a garnish.
Per person you want a handful of padron peppers – heat pan to hot, add olive oil and toss the peppers around until they blister and start to blacken. You can also do these on a hot BBQ.
Serve with a sprinkle of fresh sea salt.
Crispy Paprika Prawns
- . Prawns – 3 large per person, devein and butterfly
- . Pre-Made Paprika Butter
- . ½ tablespoon panko crumb
- . Slice lemon
- 1. In advance, just put the panko onto an oven tray and into the oven at 180C for 5 minutes to give additional crunch.
- 2. Preheat a pan over a high heat and add a tbsp of oil, teaspoon butter and teaspoon smoked paprika. Pat dry prawns with kitchen paper and season well with salt & pepper.
- 3. Add the prawns to the pan flat side down and cook until pink and cooked through, will take about 2. Spoon the butter over the prawns while they cook.
- 4. Sprinkle the crumb onto the prawns, quickly toss to coat and then serve.
Place in middle of plate – drizzle the remaining melted butter over the top, squeeze lemon and enjoy.
Ingredients -serves 2
- . 3 eggs
- . Half banana shallot – thin sliced length ways
- . ½ Maris Piper Potato – Sliced as thin as you can
- . 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- . Knob of butter
- . 1 garlic clove – fine dice
- . Salt & Pepper
- 1. Medium heat on a small frying pan, melt the butter and olive oil.
- 2. Add the fine sliced shallot, a pinch of pepper and soften the onion – don’t colour – it only takes a couple of minutes
- 3. Add the potato, stir, then cover with lid or foil or greaseproof paper
- 4. Cook on low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- 5. While it’s cooking, break 3 eggs and whisk and preheat oven to 180C
- 6. When the potatoes are pretty soft, add the garlic, stir and keep on heat for a minute or 2. Then if your frying pan is the right size and oven proof pour the eggs over and pop in the oven for 12-15 minutes when the egg is cooked through. If your pan is too big or not oven proof, we poured ours into a 6 inch cake tin, lined with grease proof, then popped into the oven.
Flip onto plate or board, garnish with parsley and we also added some fried Morcilla and fried Quails eggs!
We hope you enjoyed the class!
We really hope you enjoyed your class at Food Sorcery. If you have any questions for chef please do ask and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
If you have the time it would be great if you could leave a review on Tripadvisor or google. If you have any feedback about the class please do let us know.
Review us on TripAdvisor or Google
Take a look at our classes online, booking is easy and you’ll be sent a confirmation email. Cookery gift vouchers are available and never expire.