With the help of Rishi’s Eat Out To Help Out Scheme you enjoyed a cut down version of our regular cookery class & Meal using simple ingredients, full of flavour that make a lovely mid week dinner.
We really hope you enjoyed the class and that we see you at the cookery school again very soon.
Menu – Summer Rolls, Dipping Sauce, Lime Caramel Chicken, Red Rice
Note – Proteins can be substituted for Paneer, Tofu, Prawn or White Fish!
Lime Caramel Chicken/Tofu
A dish with so many flavours of South East Asia
Ingredients: Serves 2
- . 200g Chicken or tofu per person
- . 1 tsp of peanut oil or vegetable oil
- . 100ml of water
- . 1 shallot diced
- . Grated to ginger to taste
- . Lime – quartered
- . Palm Sugar – tablespoon or 2 pellets or use brown sugar.
- . Garnish with peanuts, coriander & chilli
- 1. Heat a small fry pan add the oil
- 2. Sear the chicken or tofu and set aside.
- 3. Add the palm sugar, 100ml water, squeeze 3 lime segments, add shallot and ginger.
- 4. Keep stirring, it reduces and add the chicken or tofu back in.
- 5. Pour the caramel over the chicken/tofu, garnish and serve.
Ingredients – Serves 2
- . 4 to 6 Rice Wrappers.
- . 1 Carrot diced
- . 1 Red Chilli diced
- . Thumb Sized Piece of Fresh Ginger
- . 1 Spring Onion
- . 1 Baby Gem Lettuce
- . ¼ Chinese Cabbage
- . Handful Mint
- . 1 Lime
For the Dipping Sauce
- . Honey – tablespoon or sachet
- . 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- . Chilli Flakes – pinch
- . Roasted Crushed Peanuts – tablespoon
- . Salt & Pepper to taste
Make Dipping Sauce
In a small bowl or mug, take 3 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 sachet honey (toughly 1 tbsp), pinch of chilli flakes and some crushed roasted peanuts
Add a splash of water and mix, set to one side
Construct Summer Rolls
Pour warm tap water in large bowl, with a ceramic plate to roll the wrappers – they stick to a wooden board.
Soak one wrapper at a time, when takes on jelly fish appearance, to plate, fill as you wish.
Fold sides in, the roll up, and slice in half and onto board or plate.
Red Rice – Serves 2
This rice as a wonderful texture, it’s basically an unpolished rice and as a great fibre content for the diet, it can be eaten hot or cold as a yummy salad side. Serve with fish meat poultry or on its own perfect.
Ingredients – Serves 2
- . 225grms Red Rice (Rinsed)
- • 500 ml of water
- • 1 tbspTomato puree/katjup manis.
- 1. In a small saucepan bring the rice and water to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes until the water has been absorbed it’s fine to stir this rice. The rice should be soft yet with a slight chewy texture.
We hope you enjoyed the class!
We really hope you enjoyed your class at Food Sorcery. If you have any questions for chef please do ask and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
If you have the time it would be great if you could leave a review on Tripadvisor or google. If you have any feedback about the class please do let us know.
Review us on TripAdvisor or Google
Take a look at our classes online, booking is easy and you’ll be sent a confirmation email. Cookery gift vouchers are available and never expire.