Family Cooking Together Italian Recipes
Our Cooking Together cookery classes are as much about learning to cook as they are a sociable experience. We hope you enjoyed your evening and are ready to recreate the meals at home. The recipes work really well as delicious dinners for the family to cook again.
- Main & Sides: Chicken and lemon risotto, rosemary garlic bread
Dessert: Chocolate Orange Tiramisu
Rosemary Garlic bread
Ingredients – Serves: 2
- 2 wedges of bread of your choice (ciabatta etc.)
- 1tbsp of melted butter
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1tbsp of parmesan, grated
- 1tbsp of chopped parsley and rosemary
- Toast the crust side of the bread for 2 mins until really crispy. Mix together butter, garlic and herbs in a bowl. Spread over the cut bread halves. Sprinkle over the Parmesan. Just before serving place on a baking sheet, then cook under a hot grill for 5 mins until toasty and lightly golden. Let it cool for 1 min before cutting into thick slices.
Chicken and lemon Risotto
Ingredients – Serves 2:
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1x chicken breast, diced
- 50g parmesan grated
- 1tbsp of butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed into a paste
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 150g risotto rice
- 100ml white wine
- 800ml chicken stock
- 100g garden peas
- lemon zest and juice
- fresh chopped herbs, such as basil, chives or parsley
- Add oil into a non-stick sauce pan, add diced chicken, season well and sauce until golden and cooked through. Remove from the pan and step aside.
- Finely dice the onion and crush the garlic into a paste using salt.
- Add oil in a saucepan and cook the onion until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the rice and stir through the onions, cooking for a minute before adding the wine.
- Allow the wine to reduce, stirring to coat the rice, then add a ladle of the stock. Once the stock is reduced, add another ladle and repeat the process until the stock is all used and the rice is just cooked.
- Add the peas and lemon zest with the final ladle of stock.
- Finish with grated parmesan, butter chopped herbs and a squeeze of lemon. And don’t forget to mix the chicken through.
chocolate orange Tiramisu
Ingredients – Serves 2:
- 200ml of double cream
- 100g of mascarpone
- 1x orange
- 2tsp of caster sugar
- 1tbsp of hot chocolate mix dissolved in 70ml of water
- 100g of lady finger biscuits
- 1tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1tbsp of grated dark chocolate
- Put the double cream and sugar into mixing bowl and whish until semi-whipped. Add mascarpone, orange zest and fold together.
- Pour the dissolved hot chocolate into a shallow dish and add orange juice. Dip in a few of the sponge fingers at a time, turning for a few seconds until they are nicely soaked, but not soggy. Layer these in a dish until you’ve used half the sponge fingers, then spread over half of the creamy mixture.
- Using the coarse side of the grater, grate over most of the dark chocolate. Then repeat the layers, finishing with the creamy layer.
- Cover and chill for a bit to firm up (you can speed it up by whipping a bit more firmly). Will keep in the fridge for up to two days.
- To serve, dust with the cocoa powder and grate over the remainder of the chocolate.
Take a Look at our cookery classes. Gift vouchers are available and never expire.