We really enjoyed having you on our parent & child Thai class. Here are the recipes that we cooked, we really hope that you can enjoy them again in your own homes. Chorchaba creates them so they are simple and authentic.
Pad Thai with Som Tom
Banana coconut Kluai buat chi
Pad Thai with prawns
Ingredients -serves 2
- Clear noodles 300 grams
- Prawns 30 grams
- Bean curd
- Egg 2
- Beansprout 50 grams
- Spring onion 50 grams
- Peanuts half cup
- Sugar 3 tablespoon
- Garlic 1 tablespoon
- Tamarind 3 tablespoon
- Fish sauce 2 tablespoon
- Cooking oil 4 tablespoon
- Heat oil in a wok add the garlic and fry till golden brown taking care not to burn.
- When you can smell the aroma add the noodles stir fry for 1 minute and add a little water to soften.
- Add the prawns with the fish sauce, tamarind, sugar and beancurd, stir fry for 1 minute keeping the noodles as separate as possible.
- Scoop the noodles to one side of the wok and add a little oil with 1 egg and scramble the egg until set. Now mix all the noodles and egg together with bean sprout peanut and a little chilli to spice up the taste if you wish.
- Serve hot with a side dish of spring onion beansprout and a slice of lemon.
Som Tom – Papaya Salad
Ingredients -serves 2
- 40 grams fine bean break in half
- 20 grams white cabbage shredded
- 120 grams green papaya grated
- 30 grams carrot grated
- 3 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 3 clove garlic crushed
- 1-2 chilli
- 15 grams peanut or cashew nut
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon tamarind juice
- 1 lime juiced
- mix the sugar, fish sauce, tamarind, lime juice in a bowl and set aside
- crush the garlic and chilli combine with papaya, white cabbage tomato, fine bean and grated carrot.
- pour the salad dressing over the salad mix
- garnish with the nuts
- serve with salad leaf
Banana Coconut milk – Kluai Buat Chi
- 3 bananas
- 400ml coconut milk
- 100ml water
- 60 grams palm sugar
- 10 grams white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 pandan leaf
in a pan mix the coconut milk water and sugar salt and pandan leaf until all sugar has disolved
add the bananas cut into bite size pieces cook on low heat till soft
you can use more than 3 bananas depending on number of people eating use only greenish bananas
We hope you enjoyed the class!
We really hope you enjoyed your class at Food Sorcery. If you have any questions for chef please do ask and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
If you have the time it would be great if you could leave a review on Tripadvisor or google. If you have any feedback about the class please do let us know.