We hope you enjoyed your evening at the cookery school, Chorchaba loves to delight guests with her fabulous dishes, of you have any questions for her please ask and we’ll get back to you.
Menu: Pad Thai; Chilli Basil; Khao Soi;
Pad Thai with prawns
Ingredients -serves 2:
- – Clear noodles 300 grams
- – Prawns 30 grams
- – Bean curd
- – Egg 2
- – Beansprout 50 grams
- – Spring onion 50 grams
- – Peanuts half cup
- – Sugar 3 tablespoon
- – Garlic 1 tablespoon
- – Tamarind 3 tablespoon
- – Fish sauce 2 tablespoon
- – Cooking oil 4 tablespoon
- Heat oil in a wok add the garlic and fry till golden brown taking care not to burn.
- When you can smell the aroma add the noodles stir fry for 1 minute and add a little water to soften.
- Add the prawns with the fish sauce, tamarind, sugar and beancurd, stir fry for 1 minute keeping the noodles as separate as possible.
- Scoop the noodles to one side of the wok and add a little oil with 1 egg and scramble the egg until set. Now mix all the noodles and egg together with bean sprout peanut and a little chilli to spice up the taste if you wish.
- Serve hot with a side dish of spring onion beansprout and a slice of lemon.
Chicken Chilli Basil
Ingredients -serves 2:
- – 2 Chicken Thighs, diced
- – 25g Chopped Garlic
- – 1-2 Birdseye Chilli (traditionally this has a lot of heat in!)
- – 4- 5 Basil Leaves
- – 1 tablespoon Soya Sauce
- – 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- – 3 – 4 drops Dark Soy Sauce
- – 2 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- – 2 tablespoon Water or Stock
- – Pinch of Sugar (optional)
- Cut chicken into small piece
- Chopped chilli and garlic roughly
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok over medium heat
- Add chili and garlic to the hot oil and fry until aromatic
- Add the chicken pieces and stir fry until no longer pink and cooked through for around 3 minutes
- Season with sauces and add a pinch of sugar if desired. If it looks too dry, then add your water or stock.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the basil leaves and serve with rice.
Ingredients -serves 2
- – 8 cups coconut milk
- – 6 chicken drum sticks
- – 1 tablespoon salt
- – Noodles
- – Sprig of coriander
- – Soy sauce
- – Lime juice
- – Garlic oil
Chilli mix for the curry paste:
- – 6 dry chilli about 5-10 grams
- – 5 shallots sliced or approx. 50 grams
- – Small piece of ginger sliced 15 grams
- – 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- – 3 black cardomon seed only
- – 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- – 1 teaspoon salt
Or you can simply blend the following:
- – 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- – 2 tablespoon curry powder
- – Small piece of fresh ginger
- Toast the chilli mix ingredients in a dry pan on low heat for 2-3 minutes allow to cool then blend together to form a fine paste in a mortar pestle. Till your arm aches.
- Heat the coconut milk on medium heat bring to simmer.
- Using half the coconut milk fry the chilli paste when you can smell aroma add the rest of the coconut milk with the chicken and cook for 45 minutes or till meat cooked through.
- Cook the noodles by packet instructions.
- Place noodles in a bowl and cover with the chicken curry.
- Season with fresh lemon juice to taste you could also add raw beansprout or blanched beansprout to the curry as a garnish.