Thai Street Food Recipes
Our cookery classes are as much about learning to cook as they are a sociable experience. We hope you enjoyed your evening and are ready to recreate the meals at home. The recipes work really well as delicious dinners and make a great combination for dinner party ideas.
- Cashew Chicken
- Fish Cakes
- Pad Thai Noodles
- 500 grams chicken thigh meat cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 7 spring onion
- 2 small clove garlic chopped fine
- 150 grams freshly roasted cashew
- 20 grams dry chilli
- 1 medium onion diced
- 100 grams mixed peppers red green cut to bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon tamarind juice
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Marinade the chicken with soy sauce for about ten minutes and then coat with the flour.
- Mix the fish sauce tamarind sugar and seasame oil in a small pan heat to medium and set aside.
- Heat I-2 cup oil in a wok fry the cashew nut deep fry until golden brown set aside.
- Cook the dry chilli remove then cook the onion remove then cook the mix pepper remove.
- Deep fry the chicken till golden brown crispy set aside.
- Cook the garlic in a little oil till golden do not burn add all the cooked items except for the cashew nuts and chilli which are added at the last minute when everything else is cooked.
- 500 grams fresh filleted Coley.
- 100 grams green bean sliced
- 4-5 kafer lime leaf shredded
- 3 cup oil
- 3 dry chilli soaked in warm water till soft
- 1 medium shallot
- 5 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon fresh coriander root or stem
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large fresh red chilli sliced
- ¼ cucumber sliced
- crushed peanut
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Blend all curry paste ingredients to a fine paste set aside.
- To make dipping sauce mix sugar salt and vinegar in a small pan on medium heat till dissolved allow to cool.
- When ready to eat place in a bowl and add the peanut cucumber and chilli.
- Mix the fish and your curry paste to combine the two well together adding the green bean and shredded kafer lime leaf then form into little pates and deep fry to golden brown.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.
Pad Thai Noodles
- rice noodles 100 grams
- 5 large Prawns
- 100 gram Bean curd
- 20 grams pickled turnip
- 1 Egg
- 150 grams Beansprout
- 1 Spring onion
- crushed Peanuts
- 3 tablespoon pad thai sauce
- 1 tablespoon Garlic
- 3 tablespoon Cooking oil
Pad Thai Sauce:
- 1 cup Tamarind
- ¾ cup Fish sauce
- 1 cup sugar
For the Pad Thai Sauce:
- Add all ingredients in a pan and bring to low simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- Allow to cool and keep in a jar for future use.
For the Noodles:
- Heat oil in a wok brown the garlic and fry taking care not to burn.
- Add the beans curd cook till going brown adding the prawns cook till pink.
- Add the pickled turnip and then the noodles till transparent appearance.
- Add three tablespoons of your Pad Thai sauce mix well.
- Push everything to one side of your wok and add 1 beaten egg and scramble then fold in all ingredients together mixing well.
- Finally add your fresh bean sprout spring onion turn off the heat and garnish with peanut crushed chilli squeeze the lime over.