Lime Caramel Fish – Chocolate Fondant – Recipes
We hope you enjoyed your event and are ready to recreate the meals you made at home.
- Main: Lime Caramel Fish
- Dessert: Chocolate Fondant
Caramel Lime Chicken, fish, Tofu or Cauliflower – Main
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 4 chicken thighs or 160g Tofu, 160g of Hake or any white fish/salmon
- 2 Cauliflower steaks – pre steamed for 6 mins to soften
- 1 small disk palm sugar or 50g brown sugar
- 1 tsp of Nam Pla fermented fish water (optional) (use Vegan version or oyster sauce for Vegetarian/Vegan)
- 1 tbsp water
- 200g 1/2 a tin coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (optional)
- 1 garlic clove grated
- Grated to ginger to taste
- 1 shallot finely sliced
- Pinch white pepper (optional)
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 large red chilli, finely sliced
- Coriander, chopped
- Lime juice and zest
- Place sugar and water in a skillet over medium heat. Stir, then when it bubbles and the sugar is melted (it looks like caramel), add the rest of the ingredients except chicken.
- Stir, then put the Chicken/Fish/Tofu/Cauliflower into the pan
- Adjust the heat to medium so it is simmering energetically. Not rapidly, not a slow simmer.
- Pan frying time for Chicken/Fish 5 mins each side, for Tofu & pre steamed Cauliflower 3-4 mins each side.
- Once sauce and Chicken/Fish/Tofu/Cauliflower are brown, remove from heat. Grate some lime zest into the pan and then roll and squeeze in lime juice.
- Place Chicken/Fish/Tofu/Cauliflower on serving plates, spoon over the sauce.
- Garnish with spring onion, chilli, coriander and lime juice and zest if using. Can be served with rice or noodle4
Use the link above to explore the Food Sorcery favourite dessert recipes