We hope you enjoyed your evening with us, below are the recipes – if you have any questions for chef please do ask and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Starter: Crispy Chicken Tempura, Spicy Red Pepper Sauce, Roti Bread;
Main: Green Miso Fillet Steak, Gunpowder Potatoes, Saffron Carrots Escabeche;
Dessert: Lemon Posset with Raspberry Sorbet;
Crispy Chicken Tempura
Ingredients – Serves 2:
- – 2x Chicken Breast, cut into pieces
- – 3 tsp Corn Flour
- – Salt and pepper to taste
- – 2 tsp Ajwain (ground carom seeds)
- – 1x Egg White
- – ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- – ½ tsp Onion Powder
- – Vegetable Oil, for frying
- 1.Mix the chicken breasts with cornflour, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, toasted carom seeds and coat well.
- 2. Add egg white and mix.
- 3. Deep-fry until crispy, golden and cooked through.
Spicy Red Pepper Sauce
- – ½ tsp Chilli Sauce
- – 2 tbsp Chopped Tomatoes
- – 3 tsp White Vinegar
- – 2 tsp Sugar Caster
- – 2x Curry Leaves
- – 2cm Grated Ginger
- – 1x Green Chilli
- – 2 Garlic Cloves
- – 1 Small Shallot
- – 1 tbsp Buttermilk to finish
- – 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- – Seasoning
- 1. Fry onion, garlic, ginger, green chilli, ginger, chopped lemongrass and curry leaves in veg oil for two minutes.
- 2. Add vinegar and sugar, reduce by half.
- 3. Finish with chopped tomatoes, chilli sauce and yoghurt.
- 4. Garnish with fresh coriander.
- – 1 ½ Cup All-purpose flour
- – ½ tsp Salt
- – ½ tsp Sugar
- – 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil/Olive Oil
- – ½ tsp Baking Powder
- – ¼ Cup Warm Water
- – ¼ Cup Warm Milk (Coconut milk for vegan version)
- – Butter/Olive oil, for cooking rotis
- 1. In large bowl, add flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and mix well.
- 2. Now add the oil, warm water, warm milk and mix to form smooth and semi stiff dough. If the dough is very dry then add little more water or milk.
- 3. Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes.
- 4. Dust the working surface. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- 5. Roll each portion into 6-inch disk. See that the roti is not too thick or too thin.
- 6. Heat the pan / tava. brush it with butter. Cook the roti until it bubbles on one side and then flip it, again brush with some butter and cook till it becomes golden brown.
- 7. Repeat the process for remaining portions of the dough.
Green Miso Fillet Steak
Ingredients – Serves 4:
- – 4x Fillet Steak
- – 100g White Miso
- – 30g Coriander
- – Pickled Jalapenos
- – 4x Garlic
- – 2cm Ginger, peeled and grated
- – Salt and pepper
- – 1x Lime juice and zest
- – 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Oil
- – 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1. In food processor, combine all the ingredients apart from steaks and whizz until smooth.
- 2. Marinade for max 12hrs, as the miso will start curing the meat.
- 3. Scrape the excess marinade, chargrill the steaks.
Ingredients – Serves 4:
- – 500g Baby New Potatoes
- – ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- – ½ tsp Coriander Seeds
- – ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- – 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil, for brushing
- – 25g Butter, melted
- – 6 Spring Onions, finely chopped
- – 5g Fresh Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- – 3 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- – ½ tsp Sea Salt Flakes
- – 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- – 1-2 tsp Kebab Masala
You’ll also need…
- – Pestle and mortar
- 1. Boil a large pan of salted water. Add the potatoes and cook until just tender – 12-15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, toast all the seeds in a hot dry frying pan for 2 minutes until fragrant. Crush them in a pestle and mortar, then set aside.
- 3. Drain the potatoes and steam dry in the colander for a minute.
- 4. Heat the grill to high. Put the potatoes on a baking tray. Brush with oil and grill until crispy and browned – 5-7 minutes. Turn the potatoes over and repeat to
crisp and colour the other side.
- 5. Put the crushed spices in a large bowl with the melted butter, spring onions, coriander and chillies.
- 6. Remove the potatoes from the grill and divide each one in half, using a metal spoon so you create rough edges. Put the potatoes straight into the spice bowl and toss until well combined.
- 7. Add the sea salt, lime juice and kebab masala, adjusting them to taste, then serve.
Saffron Carrot Escabeche
Ingredients – Serves 6:
- – 150g Carrot
- – 350ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- – 1x Onion, sliced
- – 1x Red Onion, sliced
- – 3x Garlic Clove, sliced
- – 150ml White Wine
- – 2tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- – 30g Coriander Seeds, crushed
- – 1 Pinch of Saffron
- – 1x Lemon, zest and juice
- 1. Slice the carrots 1mm thick at a 45-degree angle, using a mandolin if you have one. Put the carrot slices into a heavy-based pan, add 100ml of the olive oil and cook gently for 5 minutes, until they start to soften. Add the onions and garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the onions have begun to soften.
- 2. Add the white wine, vinegar, coriander seeds, saffron and the rest of the olive oil to the pan, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 1/2 hours. Remove from the heat and leave to cool, then add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
Italian lemon Posset
This is an Italian classic, and is great for a dinner party – as it can be made in the morning.
You could crush up biscuits of your choice and put in the bottom of the glass. A classic Italian version would be an amaretti and serve a glass of amaretto on the side!
Ingredients: Serves 3- 4 Depending on dish size
- · 300ml of double cream
- · 60g caster sugar
- · 1 juicy lemon
- 1. Squeeze the lemon
- 2. Bring the cream and sugar to the boil (careful it should just boil but not boil over). Once you see it boil – stay there and boil for exactly 3 minutes.
- 3. Take the pan off the heat and whisk in the lemon juice
- 4. Strain this into a jug and leave to cool for 20minutes.
- 5. If you wish to put a crumbled biscuit in the bottom of the receptacle – this is the time to do it. If not gently pour the cream into the glasses.
- 6. Refrigerate for 6 hours minimum.
- Serve with fruit and edible flowers