We hope you enjoyed your evening with us, below are the recipes – if you have any questions for chef please do ask and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Starter: Crispy Chicken Tempura, Spicy Red Pepper Sauce, Roti Bread;
Main: Green Miso Fillet Steak, Gunpowder Potatoes, Saffron Carrots Escabeche;
Dessert: Lemon Posset with Raspberry Sorbet;
Crispy Chicken Tempura
Ingredients – Serves 2:
- – 2x Chicken Breast, cut into pieces
- – 3 tsp Corn Flour
- – Salt and pepper to taste
- – 2 tsp Ajwain (ground carom seeds)
- – 1x Egg White
- – ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- – ½ tsp Onion Powder
- – Vegetable Oil, for frying
- 1.Mix the chicken breasts with cornflour, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, toasted carom seeds and coat well.
- 2. Add egg white and mix.
- 3. Deep-fry until crispy, golden and cooked through.
Spicy Red Pepper Sauce
- – ½ tsp Chilli Sauce
- – 2 tbsp Chopped Tomatoes
- – 3 tsp White Vinegar
- – 2 tsp Sugar Caster
- – 2x Curry Leaves
- – 2cm Grated Ginger
- – 1x Green Chilli
- – 2 Garlic Cloves
- – 1 Small Shallot
- – 1 tbsp Buttermilk to finish
- – 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- – Seasoning
- 1. Fry onion, garlic, ginger, green chilli, ginger, chopped lemongrass and curry leaves in veg oil for two minutes.
- 2. Add vinegar and sugar, reduce by half.
- 3. Finish with chopped tomatoes, chilli sauce and yoghurt.
- 4. Garnish with fresh coriander.
- – 1 ½ Cup All-purpose flour
- – ½ tsp Salt
- – ½ tsp Sugar
- – 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil/Olive Oil
- – ½ tsp Baking Powder
- – ¼ Cup Warm Water
- – ¼ Cup Warm Milk (Coconut milk for vegan version)
- – Butter/Olive oil, for cooking rotis
- 1. In large bowl, add flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and mix well.
- 2. Now add the oil, warm water, warm milk and mix to form smooth and semi stiff dough. If the dough is very dry then add little more water or milk.
- 3. Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes.
- 4. Dust the working surface. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- 5. Roll each portion into 6-inch disk. See that the roti is not too thick or too thin.
- 6. Heat the pan / tava. brush it with butter. Cook the roti until it bubbles on one side and then flip it, again brush with some butter and cook till it becomes golden brown.
- 7. Repeat the process for remaining portions of the dough.
Green Miso Fillet Steak
Ingredients – Serves 4:
- – 4x Fillet Steak
- – 100g White Miso
- – 30g Coriander
- – Pickled Jalapenos
- – 4x Garlic
- – 2cm Ginger, peeled and grated
- – Salt and pepper
- – 1x Lime juice and zest
- – 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Oil
- – 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1. In food processor, combine all the ingredients apart from steaks and whizz until smooth.
- 2. Marinade for max 12hrs, as the miso will start curing the meat.
- 3. Scrape the excess marinade, chargrill the steaks.
Ingredients – Serves 4:
- – 500g Baby New Potatoes
- – ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- – ½ tsp Coriander Seeds
- – ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- – 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil, for brushing
- – 25g Butter, melted
- – 6 Spring Onions, finely chopped
- – 5g Fresh Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- – 3 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- – ½ tsp Sea Salt Flakes
- – 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- – 1-2 tsp Kebab Masala
You’ll also need…
- – Pestle and mortar
- 1. Boil a large pan of salted water. Add the potatoes and cook until just tender – 12-15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, toast all the seeds in a hot dry frying pan for 2 minutes until fragrant. Crush them in a pestle and mortar, then set aside.
- 3. Drain the potatoes and steam dry in the colander for a minute.
- 4. Heat the grill to high. Put the potatoes on a baking tray. Brush with oil and grill until crispy and browned – 5-7 minutes. Turn the potatoes over and repeat to
crisp and colour the other side.
- 5. Put the crushed spices in a large bowl with the melted butter, spring onions, coriander and chillies.
- 6. Remove the potatoes from the grill and divide each one in half, using a metal spoon so you create rough edges. Put the potatoes straight into the spice bowl and toss until well combined.
- 7. Add the sea salt, lime juice and kebab masala, adjusting them to taste, then serve.
Saffron Carrot Escabeche
Ingredients – Serves 6:
- – 150g Carrot
- – 350ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- – 1x Onion, sliced
- – 1x Red Onion, sliced
- – 3x Garlic Clove, sliced
- – 150ml White Wine
- – 2tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- – 30g Coriander Seeds, crushed
- – 1 Pinch of Saffron
- – 1x Lemon, zest and juice
- 1. Slice the carrots 1mm thick at a 45-degree angle, using a mandolin if you have one. Put the carrot slices into a heavy-based pan, add 100ml of the olive oil and cook gently for 5 minutes, until they start to soften. Add the onions and garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the onions have begun to soften.
- 2. Add the white wine, vinegar, coriander seeds, saffron and the rest of the olive oil to the pan, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 1/2 hours. Remove from the heat and leave to cool, then add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
This is an Italian classic, and is great for a dinner party – as it can be made in the morning.
You could crush up biscuits of your choice and put in the bottom of the glass. A classic Italian version would be an amaretti and serve a glass of amaretto on the side!
Ingredients – Serves 2:
- · 300ml of double cream
- · 60g caster sugar
- · 1 juicy lemon
- Squeeze the lemon
- Bring the cream and sugar to the boil (careful it should just boil but not boil over). Once you see it boil – stay there and boil for exactly 3 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and whisk in the lemon juice
- Strain this into a jug and leave to cool for 20minutes.
- If you wish to put a crumbled biscuit in the bottom of the receptacle – this is the time to do it. If not gently pour the cream into the glasses.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours minimum.
- Serve with fruit and edible flowers.