We really enjoyed having you on our Thai cook together. Here are the recipes that we cooked, we really hope that you can enjoy them again in your own homes. Chorchaba creates them so they should be simple but authentic.
Starter: Larb Gai Chicken
Main: Deep Fried Fish with Chili Garlic with coconut rice and vegetable stir fry
Desert: Lemon Posset or Baklava with summer fruits
Larb Gai Chicken
Chicken Salad Served in Lettuce
Ingredients -serves 2
- . 300g chicken breast minced
- . 2 Tbsp water
- . 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- . 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- . 2 Tbsp lime juice
- . Chilli Flakes to taste – 1-2 teaspoons
- . 2 Tbsp toasted & crushed rice
- . Baby Gem lettuce to serve
- Herbs – mix and chop these together for best flavour
- . Handful fresh coriander leaves
- . 1 spring onion, chopped
- . Handful fresh mint leaves, roughly tor
- 1. In a wide pot or frying pan, add the water and chicken and bring to a simmer. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes breaking up any lumps – the chicken will turn white
Important – Turn off the heat
- 1. Add the fish sauce and lime juice, mix well
- 2. Add the toasted rice and the chilli flakes
- 3. Stir the herbs through
- 1. Use lettuce leaves like bowls and spoon the larb into the leaves
- 2. Serve immediately or allow to cool and serve at room temperature.
Toast the rice in a dry pan taking care not to burn (nice and brown only) Do not crush to a powder crush it only roughly.
Deep Fried Fish with Chili Garlic
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 300 Grams white firm fish fillet
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- Rice flour
- 0il for shallow frying
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 clove chopped garlic
- 2 large red chilli
- 2 shallots
- 1 coriander root
- 2 tablespoon tamarind sauce
- 4 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
Pat dry the fish marinade with the fish sauce for 5 minutes
Heat the oil in a deep pan coat the fish with the rice flour and gently fry until crispy brown and set aside
Remove seed from the chilli crush in a mortar pestle with the garlic shallots and coriander take care not to splash your face or eyes.
Heat the oil fry this chilli mix until you can smell aroma or you sneeze uncontrollably.
Mix the sugar with 2 tablespoons o0f water and add to the pan with the tamarind juice and fish sauce
Place the warm cooked fish in a shallow dish or platter and cover with the sauce and serve.
Vegetable stir fry
Mushroom, Carrot, Chineses leaf, Mange Tout – Toss all in a hot pan with a little oil for 3-4 mins
Food Sorcery Coconut Rice
Gently coconutty sticky rice dish that you can serve on the side of spicy dishes to neutralise the chilli burn!
Ingredients -serves 4-6
This uses as whole can of coconut milk
- . 1 can coconut milk (400ml)
- . 400 ml water
- . Salt – 1 tablespoon
- . Sugar – 3 tablespoon
- . Pandan Leaf (if you find, use lemon grass or ginger)
- . Rice – 450g Jasmine Rice (Thai fragrant rice)
- 1. Save half the coconut milk, and pour the remaining milk into a measuring jug. Dilute the coconut milk with water so you have 600ml total.
- 2. Put the diluted milk into a pan with the sugar, salt and pandan leaf, stir to dissolve the sugar then bring to the boil. If you don’t dissolve the sugar, it will burn on the bottom.
- 3. While coming to boil, rinse the rice in cold water in a sieve.
- 4. Add the rice to the boiling milk, cover with lid and reduce temperature to low.
- 5. After 5 minutes add the set aside coconut milk
- 6. Stir occasionally, you don’t want it to stick to the bottom – it will take about 15 minutes to cook and the rice will be soft and dry. Remove from heat and allow to rest.
This is an Italian classic, and is great for a dinner party – as it can be made in the morning.
You could crush up biscuits of your choice and put in the bottom of the glass. A classic Italian version would be an amaretti and serve a glass of amaretto on the side!
Ingredients: Serves 2
- · 300ml of double cream
- · 60g caster sugar
- · 1 stick of lemongrass
- 1. Chop the lemon
- 2. Bring the cream and sugar to the boil (careful it should just boil but not boil over). Once you see it boil – stay there and boil for exactly 3 minutes.
- 3. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the lemongrass
- 4. Strain this into a jug and leave to cool for 20minutes.
- 5. If you wish to put a crumbled biscuit in the bottom of the receptacle – this is the time to do it. If not gently pour the cream into the glasses.
- 6. Refrigerate for 6 hours minimum.Chop
Serve with fruit and edible flowers
We hope you enjoyed the class!
We really hope you enjoyed your class at Food Sorcery. If you have any questions for chef please do ask and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
If you have the time it would be great if you could leave a review on Tripadvisor or google. If you have any feedback about the class please do let us know.