Veggie Coconut Curry
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Medium Onion White, Yellow or Brown, Chopped
1 tsp Crushed Garlic
1 Tbsp Curry Powder
¼ tsp Cumin
½ tsp Coriander Powder
1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
Handful of green beans, mange tout and peas
1 Can Chickpeas Drained
1 Can Chopped Tomato (400g)
1 can Canned Coconut Milk (400ml) Full Fat, Unsweetened
1 Tbsp Palm or Coconut Sugar – other sugar fine
½ tsp Sea Salt
Black Pepper to Taste
Chopped coriander and lime wedges to serve
Add the olive oil to a pot with the chopped onion and crushed garlic, curry powder, cumin and coriander powder. Sauté until the onions are softened.
Add sweet potato and chickpeas. Add in the chopped tomato and coconut milk.
Bring to a simmer and cook until the veggies are softened, then add the greens
Add in the coconut sugar and salt. Add ground black pepper to taste.
Serve with rice, chopped coriander and a squeeze of lime
Makes 5 flatbreads
· – 300g plain plus extra for dusting
· – Teaspoon of olive oil
· – 200ml water
· – 0.5tsp of baking powder
1. 1. Add the flour, baking powder, olive oil & 200ml water to the mixing bowl, stir all together using a wooden spoon…once it all combines, take the dough with your hand until it becomes a springy dough. If your dough is too sticky, add a little more flour..if too crumbly, add a little more water.
2. 2. Set Aside – it doesn’t need to rest for long, but you can wait until you need to cook.
1. 1. Split dough into 5 balls, heat frying pan to high heat, while the temperature builds, sprinkle flour on clean work surface or board, and some on your rolling pin.
2. 2. Take a ball of dough, flatten into rough circle with your hand then roll until thin, keep turning and flipping over.
3. 3. Add 2 -3 rotis to your pan at a time and cook until you see the taco blister and char.
4. 4. Once both sides cooked, keep wrapped in tea towel – this softens your rotis
Gluten Free Bread – Sweet Potato Flatbread
Ingredients – Makes 6 flatbreads:
- – 1cup sweet potatoes, cooked – in their skins until very soft
- – 3cups of gluten free self raising flour
- – Seasoning
- 1. Mix all ingredients above in a mixing bowl. Make sticky dough, flour your bench and roll until thin.
- 2. Cook for 1 minute on each side in a hot non-stick frying pan, without any oil.
- 3. You could keep them warm stacked up, covered in a tea towel