We hope you enjoyed your evening with us, below are the recipes – if you have any questions for chef please do ask and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Starter: Sourdough bruschetta with gamberi alla busarra prawns, rustic pesto
Main: Green miso fillet steak, roasted red pepper puree, gunpowder potatoes, saffron and carrot escabeche, sweet potato flatbread
Dessert: Lemon Posset with Raspberry Sorbet;
Sourdough King Prawn Brushetta – Gamberi alla busarra prawns
Ingredients – Serves 6
- 6xChunky slice of sourdough, toasted and rubbed with fresh garlic
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and peeled
- 1kg prawns, medium-sized, deveined
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, golden, peeled and finely chopped
- 60ml of dry white wine
- 200g of sun blushed tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 dried chilli, crushed
- fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful of parsley leaves, minced
- Heat the olive oil in a very large skillet set over a medium heat. Add the garlic and fry for a couple of minutes, until fragrant. Stir in the onion and cook until soft and translucent, stirring often so it doesn’t colour
- Add the prawns and cook for about two minutes per side, ensuring that they don’t overlap. Pour in the wine, increase the heat to medium-high and allow it to evaporate. Remove the prawns; transfer them to a plate while you carry on with the sauce
- Remove the garlic and add the tomatoes and crushed chilli. Lower the heat, cover and cook until the tomatoes have fallen apart and look saucy; add a splash of water if needed to help the sauce come together. Taste and season
- Now, put the prawns back into the skillet and stir to coat in the sauce. Increase the heat and sauté for about five more minutes, then remove from the heat and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve on toasted sourdough rubbed with fresh garlic.
Rustic Basil Pesto
Ingredients – Serves 4
- ½ a clove garlic
- 1 big bunch of fresh basil
- 1 handful of pine nuts
- 1 good handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, optional
- Peel the garlic, then pound in a pestle and mortar with a pinch of sea salt.
- Pick, roughly chop and add the basil leaves, then bash to a paste (or pulse in a food processor).
- Add the pine nuts (very lightly toast first, if you like) to the mixture and pound again, then stir in half the Parmesan.
- Drizzle in some oil – you need just enough to bind the sauce and get it to an oozy consistency.
- Add most of the remaining cheese, then season to perfection with salt and black pepper. Have a taste and keep adding a bit more cheese or oil until you are happy with the taste and consistency.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice at the end to give it a little twang, if you like, but it’s not essential.
Green Miso Fillet Steak
Ingredients – Serves 4:
- – 4x Fillet Steak
- – 100g White Miso
- – 30g Coriander
- – Pickled Jalapenos
- – 4x Garlic
- – 2cm Ginger, peeled and grated
- – Salt and pepper
- – 1x Lime juice and zest
- – 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Oil
- – 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1. In food processor, combine all the ingredients apart from steaks and whizz until smooth.
- 2. Marinade for max 12hrs, as the miso will start curing the meat.
- 3. Scrape the excess marinade, chargrill the steaks.
Ingredients – Serves 4:
- – 500g Baby New Potatoes
- – ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- – ½ tsp Coriander Seeds
- – ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- – 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil, for brushing
- – 25g Butter, melted
- – 6 Spring Onions, finely chopped
- – 5g Fresh Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- – 3 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- – ½ tsp Sea Salt Flakes
- – 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- – 1-2 tsp Kebab Masala
You’ll also need…
- – Pestle and mortar
- 1. Boil a large pan of salted water. Add the potatoes and cook until just tender – 12-15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, toast all the seeds in a hot dry frying pan for 2 minutes until fragrant. Crush them in a pestle and mortar, then set aside.
- 3. Drain the potatoes and steam dry in the colander for a minute.
- 4. Heat the grill to high. Put the potatoes on a baking tray. Brush with oil and grill until crispy and browned – 5-7 minutes. Turn the potatoes over and repeat to
crisp and colour the other side.
- 5. Put the crushed spices in a large bowl with the melted butter, spring onions, coriander and chillies.
- 6. Remove the potatoes from the grill and divide each one in half, using a metal spoon so you create rough edges. Put the potatoes straight into the spice bowl and toss until well combined.
- 7. Add the sea salt, lime juice and kebab masala, adjusting them to taste, then serve.
Red pepper and pomodoro puree
Ingredients – Serves 6
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1-inch-thick slice of crusty bread, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, chopped or slivered (can substitute hazelnuts, peeled)
- 5-6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 15-ounce can of crushed tomatoes, or canned whole tomatoes (including the juice) that have been de-seeded, or 1 pound fresh tomatoes that have been par-boiled, skins removed, and de-seeded
- 1 8-ounce jar of roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (preferred) or sweet paprika
- 2-3 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Sauté torn bread and almonds:
Heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, sauté the bread and almonds, stirring often, until they just begin to brown.
Add the garlic and sauté another 1-2 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Remaining ingredients:
Place the contents of the sauté pan into a food processor with the remaining ingredients—salt, tomatoes, roasted bell peppers, smoked paprika, vinegar. Purée until smooth.
Saffron Carrot Escabeche
Ingredients – Serves 6:
- – 150g Carrot
- – 350ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- – 1x Onion, sliced
- – 1x Red Onion, sliced
- – 3x Garlic Clove, sliced
- – 150ml White Wine
- – 2tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- – 30g Coriander Seeds, crushed
- – 1 Pinch of Saffron
- – 1x Lemon, zest and juice
- 1. Slice the carrots 1mm thick at a 45-degree angle, using a mandolin if you have one. Put the carrot slices into a heavy-based pan, add 100ml of the olive oil and cook gently for 5 minutes, until they start to soften. Add the onions and garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the onions have begun to soften.
- 2. Add the white wine, vinegar, coriander seeds, saffron and the rest of the olive oil to the pan, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 1/2 hours. Remove from the heat and leave to cool, then add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
Sweet Potato Flatbread
Ingredients – Makes 6 flatbreads:
- – 1cup sweet potatoes, cooked
- – 3cups of self raising flour
- – Seasoning
- 1. Mix all ingredients above in a mixing bowl. Make sticky dough, flour your bench and roll until thin.
- 2. Cook for 1 minute on each side in a hot non-stick frying pan, without any oil.
- 3. You could keep them warm stacked up, covered in a tea towel
This is an Italian classic, and is great for a dinner party – as it can be made in the morning.
You could crush up biscuits of your choice and put in the bottom of the glass. A classic Italian version would be an amaretti and serve a glass of amaretto on the side!
Ingredients: Serves 3- 4 Depending on dish size
- · 300ml of double cream
- · 60g caster sugar
- · 1 juicy lemon
- 1. Squeeze the lemon
- 2. Bring the cream and sugar to the boil (careful it should just boil but not boil over). Once you see it boil – stay there and boil for exactly 3 minutes.
- 3. Take the pan off the heat and whisk in the lemon juice
- 4. Strain this into a jug and leave to cool for 20minutes.
- 5. If you wish to put a crumbled biscuit in the bottom of the receptacle – this is the time to do it. If not gently pour the cream into the glasses.
- 6. Refrigerate for 6 hours minimum.
- Serve with fruit and edible flowers