We hope you enjoyed your cooking together evening – if you have any questions for chef please do ask and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible [email protected]
- – Bruschetta gamberi all busara
- – Mushroom and goats’ cheese arancini, herb velouté
- – Orange, fennel and rocket salad
Sourdough King Prawn Brushetta – Gamberi alla busarra prawns
Ingredients – Serves 6
- 6xChunky slice of sourdough, toasted and rubbed with fresh garlic
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and peeled
- 1kg prawns, medium-sized, deveined
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, golden, peeled and finely chopped
- 60ml of dry white wine
- 200g of sun blushed tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 dried chilli, crushed
- fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful of parsley leaves, minced
- Heat the olive oil in a very large skillet set over a medium heat. Add the garlic and fry for a couple of minutes, until fragrant. Stir in the onion and cook until soft and translucent, stirring often so it doesn’t colour
- Add the prawns and cook for about two minutes per side, ensuring that they don’t overlap. Pour in the wine, increase the heat to medium-high and allow it to evaporate. Remove the prawns; transfer them to a plate while you carry on with the sauce
- Remove the garlic and add the tomatoes and crushed chilli. Lower the heat, cover and cook until the tomatoes have fallen apart and look saucy; add a splash of water if needed to help the sauce come together. Taste and season
- Now, put the prawns back into the skillet and stir to coat in the sauce. Increase the heat and sauté for about five more minutes, then remove from the heat and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve on toasted sourdough rubbed with fresh garlic.
Mushroom & Goats Cheese Arancini
We used leftover risotto, here is the risotto recipe – scale up accordingly, make extra and have these crispy balls the following day
Ingredients – serves 1 – scale up as you need
This works with any mix of mushrooms, we used;
- ½ pack shimegi mushrooms
- 3 chestnut mushrooms
- 2 shiitake mushrooms
- 30g mascarpone
- 30g butter
- 75g Risotto rice (Arborio)
- 75ml white wine
- 100ml veg stock
- 20g parsley
- 1 shallot
- 1 stick celery
- 1 clove garlic
- -Halve the mushrooms
- -Fine dice all veg as small as possible
- -heat butter in a pan large enough to construct your dish in…as the butter starts to foam, cook mushrooms in burnt butter and remove from heat on to a plate for later
- -cook the veg in the same pan with no colour and add rice, cook for a further 2 minutes
- -Add wine and cook until all liquid has gone
- -add half the stock and continue to cook until the rice nearly cooked on a low heat
- – add the remaining stock and simmer
- – add mascarpone, remaining butter and mushrooms back to the pan
- – take off heat season and add chopped parsley
- – serve with a shaving of Parmesan or fresh truffle
Spinach & Herb Velouté
Ingredients – Serves 4:
- – 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- – 1 Onion, finely chopped
- – 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- – Salt
- – 100ml Dry White Wine
- – 6 cups Baby Spinach (washed)
- – ½ Bunch of Chives
- – ½ Bunch of Parsley
- – ¼ Bunch of Basil
- – 3 cups Vegetable stock (hot)
- – ⅓ cup Double Cream
- – Freshly Ground Peppers
- 1. Heat the oil in a large pan set over a medium heat until hot.
- 2. Add the onion, garlic and a pinch of salt and cook gently for 5 minutes until softened.
- 3. Add the wine and boil for 2 minutes to evaporate the alcohol.
- 4. Add the spinach, stir well, and cover with the stock. Cook until simmering, then continue to cook steadily for a further 5 minutes.
- 5. Add the cream, stir well, and cook for 2 minutes Do not boil. Add all the herbs at this point. Blend with a stick blender until smooth. You can pass the sauce through a fine strainer for extra smooth results.
- 6. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Orange, Fennel and Rocket Salad
Ingredients – Serves 4:
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 large oranges
- 1 small red onion , thinly sliced
- 2 big handfuls rocket
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, shred the fennel into thin slices.
- Remove the skin of the oranges with a knife and gently cut out the segments. Do this over a bowl to catch all the juice for the dressing. Squeeze any excess from the oranges after they have been segmented.
- Tip the onion into a bowl with the fennel, orange segments and rocket leaves.
- To make the dressing, combine the juice from the oranges with the olive oil and mustard. Drizzle over the salad and serve.