Our cooking together cookery classes are as much about learning to cook as they are a sociable experience. We hope you enjoyed your evening and are ready to recreate the meals at home. The recipes work really well as delicious dinners and make a great combination for dinner party ideas.
Vegan Pomelo Salad
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 250g fresh pomelo segments
- 100g Jackfruit
- 4 tablespoon toasted shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons toasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoon fried crispy shallots
- 3 fried chillis whole
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 4 kaffir lime leaves finely shredded
For the dressing:
- 2 large dry chilies
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of sliced shallot
- 2 tablespoons tamarind rind
- 2 tablespoons vegan soya sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1. Start with the dressing by cutting the dried chillies into small pieces
- 2. Toss in a hot pan the dried chillies, garlic & shallots until aromatic. Then crush together in a pestle & mortar to make a paste like consistency.
- 3. Put paste in a pan with sugar, soya & tamarind and bring to the heat. Set aside to cool. This is your dressing.
- 4. Combine the pomelo, jackfruit and other ingredients in a large bowl. Mix in the dressing and serve.
Panang Mushroom & Bean Curd Curry
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 280g bean curd
- 200g mushrooms
- 30g of Panang curry paste
- 1 fresh large red chili
- 1 small bunch of Thai basil finely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaf shredded
- 1 – 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1. Remove bean curd from packaging, pat dry with a paper towel and cut to bite size pieces.
- 2. Fry or oven bake with drizzle of oil until light brown
- 3. Cut all mushrooms into quarters, blanch in boiling water and drain. Set aside
- 4. Heat a tablespoon of cooking oil in pan until hot, then fry panang curry paste 50 to 75 g until aromatic
- 5. Add coconut milk to the pan and season with soya sauce & sugar
- 6. Stir mushrooms, bean curd, Kaffir lime, basil and chill
- 7. Serve with rice.
- 140g Jasmine rice
- x2 Pandan leaves knotted – buy in Chinese or specialist supermarkets
Method for Rice
- 1. Cook your rice as per instructions
- 2. During cooking place pandan leaves into the pan or rice cooker.
Vegan Panang Curry Paste
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 5 large dried red chilies
- Soak in water until soft
- 44g of chopped shallots
- 10 g of Chopped garlic
- 1 tsp of Galangal
- 1 tsp of Lemongrass
- 1 tsp of Kafir lime powder
- 1tsp of Coriander root
- 1tsp of salt
- 1. Soak the dried chillies in water until soft and then drain
- 2. Put all ingredients, including soaked dry chillies, in a food processor and blend until a fine paste is formed.
Ingredients – Serves 4-6
- 140g – Plain Flour
- 20g – Cocoa Powder
- 200g – Caster Sugar
- 80ml – Vegetable Oil
- 1tsp – Vanilla extract
- 200g – Dairy free (Vegan) dark chocolate
- 240ml – Almond Milk
- 75g – Dairy Free (Vegan) White chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 160 C. Line an 8-inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper.
- 2. Melt your Dark chocolate on a bain-marie.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl, add flour, cocoa powder and sugar and gently whisk to mix.
- 4. Add oil, vanilla, melted chocolate and almond milk. Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth and combined. Add chocolate chips and mix gently.
- 5. Transfer brownie batter to prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Cookery Classes at the Cookery School Manchester
Fun filled, hands on cookery classes, team building, kids cookery, coffee lovers, and foodie events, all led by our expert chefs.
From novice to expert, healthy to gourmet, we’ve got classes to suit all and can adapt to dietary or allergy requirements on request.
Food Sorcery Cookery and Barista School, Didsbury, with views over the river, easy transport links and a Hotel, pool & gym onsite, it’s the perfect place to have fun with food, learn tips and tricks from experts and to gain cooking confidence.