We hope you enjoyed your cooking together evening – if you have any questions for chef please do ask and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible [email protected]
- – Sardines with with Celeriac Salad
- – Persian Stew with Roast Chicken or Miso Cauliflower
- – Poached Pear
Sardines with Celeriac Salad
Ingredients – Serves 2-4
Peel and fine slice a small celeriac
Peel and fine slice half a carrot
Small dice half shallot
Peel and grate 1 small beetroot
Fine slice 1 handful parsley leaves
30g rocket leaves
For the Dressing
Half a lemon juiced
30ml red wine vinegar
10g french mustard
Combine all ingredients and coat with the dressing. Leave for at least half an hour
For the Sardines
Ask your fishmonger to Scale and Gut, you want 2-3 per person depending on size,
Heat pan to high heat and add salt and pepper to the pan
Place the fish carefully place in pan for 1-2 minutes then under a hot grill for 1-2 minutes, this avoids trying to turn the fish.
Serve on the celeriac salad and garnish with spring onion and red chilli
Persian Stew with Cumin Roasted Chicken or Miso Cauliflower
Ingredients – Serves
- 200 g onions, quartered
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp tomato purée
- 1 Tbsp harissa paste
- 600 g waxy Charlotte potatoes, peeled, cut in pieces (4 cm)
- 750 g butternut squash, peeled and cut
- 1 lime, washed, pierced 2-3 times
- 1 fresh green chilli, whole, slit on one side
- 1 ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 700 g water
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 150 g spinach
- 15 g dried sour cherries / barberries
- 2 Persian dried limes
- 50g washed spinach
- Tarragon and dill 4 whole stalks
For the Chicken
- Whole chicken or chicken pieces.
- Cumin Seeds
For the Miso Cauliflower
- 1 tbs miso paste
- 100ml water
- Place squash in a hot oven and roast with 1/2 spices
- In a pan cook the onions for 2 minutes without colour
- Add the remainder of the ingredients leaving out the spinach and herbs, place in the oven until potatoes are cooked.
- Place the squash in the stew pan, remove from oven add the herbs and spinach and serve.
You can choose to do a whole chicken, half or chicken pieces – skin on, rub with oil and cumin seeds. Roast in a preheated oven at 180C until cooked through and juices running clear. A whole chicken will take 20 minutes per 500g, plus 20 minutes. Allow to rest before serving.
Mix the miso and water to form a liquid then drizzle the miso over the florets and roast. About 20 mins at 180C. You can choose to roast the cauliflower head whole and then serve slices…if you would like to try this, allow longer to cook, checking the stalks are tender before serving
Ingredients – Serves 8
Simple yet effective, pears have such a wonderful fragrant flavour that you need to use spice in a considered way to complement their fabulous taste. It’s best not to use over-ripened fruit for poaching, but they should not be too hard either.
Ingredients Serves 8
- 1l water
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla pod, cut in half and seeds scraped out
- 1 lemon, juice
- 8 ripe pears
- Place all the ingredients except the pears in a stainless-steel saucepan, do not turn on the heat. Peel the pears, add them to the pan once they are peeled, then place them onto the stove and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook the pears carefully.
- Once cooked, remove the pan from the heat and allow the pears to cool in the sugar syrup. To check if they are cooked, take a paring knife and push it into the middle of the fruit. If the pears feel soft, they are cooked. They can be served hot or cold.