Fantastic Mexican class…perhaps the most delicious dish I’ve ever learned at this great cookery school, and until I tried it I would never have believed that a pitta type bread made from cauliflower could be so delicious.
Nachos – Ingredients – Serves 4
- · 2 sweet potatoes
- · 1 tbsp olive oil
- · ¼ tspn cayenne
- · Seasoning
- Guacamole – see below
- Raw Salsa – see below
- Grated cheese
Method – Nachos
- 1. Preheat your oven to 180C.
- 2. Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- 3. Slice the sweet potatoes into super thin circles.
- 4. Toss all the remaining ingredients in a bowl with sliced sweet potatoes. Make sure all of these are coated well. Lay all of them on trays, make sure they are not piled up.
- 5. Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy, check often to prevent burning.
- 6. Let it cool down, this will help them get really crispy.
- 7. Transfer into a heatproof dish, top with cheese and bake for additional 3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- 8. Top with salsa, guacamole, jalapenos and serve.
Ingredients for 4
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 buffalo tomato, diced
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1tbsp of coriander, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 small chillies, chopped
- 1. Halve and stone avocados, place in a bowl, smash it up roughly with a fork.
- 2. Add all the rest of the ingredients, season well and serve straight away.
Ingredients for 4
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2tbsp coriander, chopped
- 2tbsp mint, chopped
- 2tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1. Mix all the ingredients together, chill for at least an hour and enjoy!
- 2. As Jan said, you can make this recipe your own by altering the amounts till you get a perfect taste for you.
Jan Cron – Kitchen Maverick
Has spent a lifetime learning the best cooking techniques and perfecting flavours, if 70% of being healthy is what you eat and 30% exercise then we need to concentrate on getting the best balance of tasty food into our bodies. He’s gone back to school to learn about nutrition, to research relevant, irrelevant and utterly absurd diets, so you don’t have to.