Healthy version of this Indian/British classic is simple, fast and delicious, using cashew cream to keep it paleo and dairy free. The recipe is also gluten free, as always with our Fit Food Classes.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- ½ cup cashew nuts
- 1 lemon
- 4 chicken breasts, diced
- 2 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 small tin of tomato purée
- 1 white onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 4tsp garam masala
- 2tsp fresh ginger
- 1tsp paprika
- 1 fresh chilli
- Bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1tbsp coconut oil/pomace olive oil/ghee
- Soak the cashews in water for at least 1 hour, ideally overnight. Blend in a food processor with lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, put a sauce pan on medium heat with coconut oil. Fry the onion until translucent, for roughly 3 minutes. Throw in all the spices, garlic and ginger, cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add the diced chicken, sear the meat to protect from drying out, add tomato puree and chopped tomatoes. Cook for at least 20 minutes, until chicken is tender, finishing with cashew cream and coriander.
- Serve with cauliflower or broccoli rice. Click here for Broccoli Rice Recipe
Jan Cron – Kitchen Maverick
Has spent a lifetime learning the best cooking techniques and perfecting flavours, if 70% of being healthy is what you eat and 30% exercise then we need to concentrate on getting the best balance of tasty food into our bodies. He’s gone back to school to learn about nutrition, to research relevant, irrelevant and utterly absurd diets, so you don’t have to.
Fit Food Classes – click here for details
Food Sorcery Cookery & Barista School hosts hands-on fun filled cookery classes, team building and private dining events. We are adjacent to Waterside Hotel, Leisure & Spa.