Welcome to the cookery school, we hope you enjoy cooking this recipe, it first appeared as a starter on one of our cooking together classes. This version is all about the sauce, take your time and enjoy!
Sourdough King Prawn Brushetta
Ingredients – Serves 6
- 6xChunky slice of sourdough, toasted and rubbed with fresh garlic
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and peeled
- 1kg prawns, medium-sized, deveined
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, golden, peeled and finely chopped
- 60ml of dry white wine
- 200g of sun blushed tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 dried chilli, crushed
- fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful of parsley leaves, minced
Sourdough King Prawn Brushetta – Method
Heat the olive oil in a very large skillet set over a medium heat. Add the garlic and fry for a couple of minutes, until fragrant. Stir in the onion and cook until soft and translucent, stirring often so it doesn’t colour
Add the prawns and cook for about two minutes per side, ensuring that they don’t overlap. Pour in the wine, increase the heat to medium-high and allow it to evaporate. Remove the prawns; transfer them to a plate while you carry on with the sauce
Remove the garlic and add the tomatoes and crushed chilli. Lower the heat, cover and cook until the tomatoes have fallen apart and look saucy; add a splash of water if needed to help the sauce come together. Taste and season
Now, put the prawns back into the skillet and stir to coat in the sauce. Increase the heat and sauté for about five more minutes, then remove from the heat and sprinkle with parsley.
Serve on toasted sourdough rubbed with fresh garlic.
All our classes can be adapted to most allergies and preferences – just let us know in the notes when booking