No sogginess here!
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 tsp of curry powder of your choice
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C
- 2. Drain the chickpeas, place them in-between two towels and roll to dry, it doesn’t matter if the skin starts to go off chickpeas, they will get super crispy if the most of the skin is removed
- 3. Mix your chickpeas, oil and salt in a bowl, don’t add any other spices at this point as it would protect it from crisping up
- 4. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until golden
- 5. Add the additional spices now while still warm, don’t panic if chickpeas are not crispy right away as they will be while they cool down
- 6. Serve as a snack or salad topping
Jan Cron – Kitchen Maverick
Has spent a lifetime learning the best cooking techniques and perfecting flavours, if 70% of being healthy is what you eat and 30% exercise then we need to concentrate on getting the best balance of tasty food into our bodies. He’s gone back to school to learn about nutrition, to research relevant, irrelevant and utterly absurd diets, so you don’t have to.